Outlook running in PD16 crashes when drag-and-dropping attachments to Mac's Finder.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Grega3, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Grega3

Grega3 Member

If you have Outlook running in PD 16.1.0, could you please try dragging an attachment from an email and drop it to your mac's Finder or mac's desktop?
    For me, once I do that, I see:
    Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 2.08.59 PM.png
    a file gets created in Finder/Desktop on mac, but it's ZERO SIZE, and the Copy dialogue stays on the screen for a long time. The "STOP" button doesn't respond, and when I click X, it dissapears, but within 15-20 seconds I get a PD crash screen.
    Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 2.10.56 PM.png

I've submitted a few of these reports to PD, and opened a case. But they don't seem to be able (unwilling?) to replicate it.

Am I alone?

2. RodF1

RodF1 Bit poster

I have the same problem (probably for a week or 2) and have sent reports. I have to shut down and restart, VERY frustrating!!!

3. NathanM5

NathanM5 Bit poster

Yep, also have the same issue. Don't recall if this started with a Parallels or MS or Apple update but it has been going on since roughly the start of November. Parallels - this is materially impacting productivity. What/when is the fix? I am running Windows 10 on a 2019 MacBook Pro with Catalina v10.15.7.

4. Grega3

Grega3 Member

Update: This morning I checked for an update, and 16.1.1 (49141) was available. I updated it, AND updated Parallel Tools on the host, and the issue is now resolved. I can once again drag-and-drop attachments from Outlook in Windows to Finder on Mac. Thank you PD team for resolving this swiftly.