Known Issues and Workarounds for Parallels Desktop with Leopard

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by spectre, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

Dear Customers,

With Parallels Support and QA teams working hard on investigating the current issues with Parallels Desktop and Leopard compatibility, we have prepared the comprehensive list of the known issues and workarounds for the current production builds of Parallels Desktop. Please keep in mind that in some cases there is no sure fix for the issue and we can only tell what information we need to troubleshoot it further and fix in the next update.
    This list is based on your reports for Parallels Desktop build 5160 and 3214.
    Our current Beta build already fixes some of the issues below, but its not recommended to install it for production purposes as it's not considered stable release version.

There is no need to create new threads on the problem if it's already listed here.

1. VM hangs during stop VM
    Shutdown your Parallels VM from the Mac OS.

2. Multiple mouse pointers in OpenGL games
    Try checking/unchecking DirectX support for VM.

3. VM cannot mount guest file system to Mac
    Confirmed to be fixed in the current Beta version of PD.
    Disable Windows Disk Sharing in VM Configuration to workaround the problem.

4. Screen resolution issues with Coherence (requires higher resolution)
    Try increasing the Video Memory allocated to VM and decrease/increase Mac OS screen resolution.

5. Unable to launch Parallels Desktop after installing Leopard or Parallels can't find its drivers

1. Reboot your Mac.
    2. If the problem still exists, uninstall Parallels Desktop in the following manner:
    a. Go to Finder - Applications - Utilities - Terminal.
    b. Type and run the following commands:
    • sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/vmmain.kext
    • sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/hypervisor.kext
    • sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/Pvsvnic.kext
    • sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/ConnectUSB.kext
    • sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/Pvsnet.kext
    • sudo rm -rf /Library/Parallels/
    • sudo rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.parallels.*
    Before you run these commands, please make sure that your VM hdd and pvs files are NOT stored in ~/Library/Parallels.
    c. Reboot your Mac and reinstall Parallels.
    3. If this does not resolve the issue, please send us the Error message screenshot and logs. To get the logs:
    a. Go to Finder - Applications - Utilities - Console.
    b. Click Logs in the left upper corner of the Console window.
    c. Click ~/Library/Logs and copy all logs from the Parallels folder.
    d. Click /Library /Logs and copy the panic logs and parallels logs.

6. Getting Timeout error message when mounting VM Windows disks

Install the latest MacFUSE release, available at http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/downloads/list.
    Then click on your Mac desktop and go to Finder -> Preferences. Put check at "Connected servers".

7. When I launch Parallels Desktop, it immediately crashes

Please provide us the crash logs so that we can diagnose the problem.
    a. Go to Finder - Macintosh HD - Library - Parallels - bugreports.
    b. Right-click on the files’ icons and create archives of the files.
    c. Please send them to us either by attaching them to your forum post or with a Private Message. You can also send them via a support request form at http://www.parallels.com/en/support/request/.

8. Either Parallels is slow to start and wouldn't quit without a Force Quit or Parallels can't allocate memory to the display. Mac shows a "grey screen", requiring a forced power off

Parallels allocates a virtual machine’s RAM as one file. When your Mac’s RAM is too fragmented (when too many applications are open), there may not be enough space in one sector for this file. Starting your Parallels VM again may cause kernel panic or the “grey screen of deathâ€.
    a. Reboot your Mac but do not launch any applications except Parallels. Launch Windows.
    b. You will need to decrease the amount of virtual RAM for your VM if the problem still occurs.

9. Getting the error: CVirtualMAchine::VmViewScreen() Argument is invalid

Please send us as much information as possible (exactly when the error message displayed, your Parallels Desktop version, Mac and Guest OS configuration, RAM, etc.) so that we can diagnose the problem. Please send it to us either by attaching them to your forum post or with a Private Message. You can also send it via a support request form at http://www.parallels.com/en/support/request/.

10. Parallels and applications are slow start up and run

Try changing the VM’s RAM. Select Memory in the Parallels Configuration Editor and decrease or increase the VM’s memory size.
    Enabling virtual memory preallocation can also help:
    a. Select Preferences from the Parallels Desktop menu.
    b. Click the Memory tab.
    c. Select Enable virtual memory preallocation.

11. After installing Parallels Tools, on the first VM boot it loses Internet connection

Possible solutions:
    • Set up Shared Networking.
    • Verify that in “ifconfig†(Mac OS) and “ipconfig /all†(Windows) inet and IP address parameters are the same in the first 3 segments of the address. For Shared networking you need ifconfig's en3 section.
    • Make sure that Parallels NAT daemon "pvsnatd" is running on the Mac side. Try restarting it or re-installing Parallels Desktop.
    • In the Command window in Windows, enter “ipconfig /release†and “ipconfig /renewâ€.
    • From the Windows Start Menu, go to Control Panel - Network and Internet Connections - Network Connections - LAN settings and remove any Proxy connections

12. Parallels Tools Center hangs on shutdown and forces me to "End Now"

Right-click the Parallels Tool Center icon in the right bottom corner and select Exit. Reboot or shut down your VM.

13. The icons for open Windows application don’t display in Mac Dock

We are currently investigating this issue and need as much information as possible. Please send us the problem’s details as Private Messages or via a support request at http://www.parallels.com/en/support/request/.

14. Parallels Tools Center is not responding

Reinstall Parallels Tools.
    1. Launch Windows.
    2. From the Start Menu, go to Control Panel and click Add/Remove Programs. Remove Parallels Tools if present.
    3. Reboot Windows.
    4. Select Install Parallels Tools from the Actions menu in the Parallels Desktop menu bar.
    5. Reboot Windows.
    6. Right-click the Parallels Tool Center icon in the right bottom corner and select Exit.
    7. Reboot or shut down your VM.
    8. Go to C:/Program Files/Parallels/Parallels Tools and run Parallelstoolscenter.exe.

15. Parallels is hanging on either suspending or resuming VM

1. Right-click the Parallels Tool Center icon in the right bottom corner and select Exit.
    2. Shut down your VM from the Windows Start menu.
    3. From the Mac Finder, browse to the virtual machine folder (the default path is: Documents - Parallels - Virtual Machine). Find and delete the ".sav" and ".mem" files in the virtual machine folder.

16. With opening QuickTime for Windows Leopard immediately crashes, displaying an error message that indicated that OS X has experienced a kernel panic

We are currently investigating this issue and need as much information as possible. Please send us the problem’s details as Private Messages or via a support request at http://www.parallels.com/en/support/request/.

17. I’ve upgraded to Leopard but now I can't use shared networking
    1. Reboot your Mac.
    2. Select System Preferences from the Apple menu and click Network.
    3. If the Parallels NAT port status indicator is red, uninstall Parallels as described in 5.2.
    b. Reboot your Mac and reinstall Parallels.
    4. If the Parallels NAT port status indicator is green, please provide us the following so that we can diagnose the problem:
    • The network adapter emulation type in Configuration of the VM
    • The network connection type in Mac side (Wireless, Ethernet, Modem)
    • The information from Mac’s Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/) “ifconfig†command
    • The screenshot of Command window with “ipconfig /all†command in the Windows side (press windows(apple) key + R and type â€cmdâ€)
    • The VPN client manufacturer (if you use VPN)
    Please send this information to us either by attaching them to your forum post or with a Private Message. You can also send it via a support request form at http://www.parallels.com/en/support/request/.

18. I can’t access the default CD-ROM when I try to start a VM

Your CD-ROM may be in use by another application. Check the VM’s configuration settings and make sure you have a physical CD-ROM selected. Also try connecting your CD-ROM manually when the VM is running using the Devices menu in the Parallels Desktop menu bar.
    To troubleshoot information further, we need to know the CD-ROM model, Mac type and how your CD-ROM is connected to the Mac (internal, external).
    Please send this information to us either by attaching them to your forum post or with a Private Message. You can also send it via a support request form at http://www.parallels.com/en/support/request/.

The list of Parallels Team forum members you should send troubleshooting information to:

Alicia
    Stacey M
    Xenos

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2007
  2. Max_B

Max_B Bit poster

Loosing network : workaround

If you are loosing network bridge from Parallels to Leopard, here is my simple workaround: type the following command in a terminal window :
    Code:
    sudo /Library/StartupItems/Parallels/Parallels restart
    Edit: it looks like the Parallels network is lost whenever the system sleep and wake, no matter if Parallels is running.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  3. spasecookee

spasecookee Bit poster

4. Robster

Robster Hunter

Are these issues with ALL versions of Parallels or are they specific to the last released version?

Is there a similar issue list with the latest beta release?

Cheers.

Robin

5. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

Sorry for the confusion, this is a known issue too and is included into bullet 15 - "Parallels is hanging on either suspending or resuming the VM". I've edited this issue's title to make it more clear.

The list is based on reports for builds 3214 and 5160, mostly 5160. For all other builds we recommend updating to the latest version available to you.
    Beta has its known issues listed in this thread - http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=17602

6. quigonjin

quigonjin Bit poster

I am also having issues with Windows networking and Leopard. Here's my configuration:

VM network adapter emulation: Shared Networking; Realtek 8029(AS)
    Macintosh network connection: Built in ethernet
    ifconfig: lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
    inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
    inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
    inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
    inet6 fdc0:c1d6:8fbc:6df2:217:f2ff:fec4:e89a prefixlen 128
    gif0: flags=8010<POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST> mtu 1280
    stf0: flags=0<> mtu 1280
    en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1356
    inet6 fe80::217:f2ff:fec4:e89a%en0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x4
    inet 192.168.1.101 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.1.255
    ether 00:17:f2:c4:e8:9a
    media: autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex,flow-control>) status: active
    supported media: autoselect 10baseT/UTP <half-duplex> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex,hw-loopback> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex,flow-control> 100baseTX <half-duplex> 100baseTX <full-duplex> 100baseTX <full-duplex,hw-loopback> 100baseTX <full-duplex,flow-control> 1000baseT <full-duplex> 1000baseT <full-duplex,hw-loopback> 1000baseT <full-duplex,flow-control> none
    fw0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 2030
    lladdr 00:17:f2:ff:fe:8a:b4:66
    media: autoselect <full-duplex> status: inactive
    supported media: autoselect <full-duplex>
    en1: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    ether 00:19:e3:0b:e3:c6
    media: autoselect (<unknown type>) status: inactive
    supported media: autoselect
    en2: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    inet6 fe80::21c:42ff:fe00:0%en2 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x7
    inet 169.254.115.139 netmask 0xffff0000 broadcast 169.254.255.255
    ether 00:1c:42:00:00:00
    media: autoselect status: active
    en3: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    inet6 fe80::21c:42ff:fe00:1%en3 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x8
    inet 169.254.115.139 netmask 0xffff0000 broadcast 169.254.255.255
    ether 00:1c:42:00:00:01
    ipconfig /all: see attachment

Attached Files:

7. chrisp

chrisp Member

Another issue I've found is with spaces, I'm not sure if this is the proper place for it though. I use 3 desktops in a single row. I have Parallels full screen in one of the desktops. When cycling through the spaces going to the left (using left arrow key combination) Parallels becomes invisible and I have to switch to single window mode to get it to reappear. If I cycle through them using the right arrow key there is no issue.

8. jimcoyle

jimcoyle Hunter

I followed the instructions below and was very surprised to discover that NONE of the .kext files were in my System AND since I had done an Archive & Install none of these .kext files were in the Previous System either! It appears to me that this problem at least lies in the migration from Tiger to Leopard, not the app itself.

5. Unable to launch Parallels Desktop after installing Leopard or Parallels can't find its drivers

1. Reboot your Mac.
    2. If the problem still exists, uninstall Parallels Desktop in the following manner:
    a. Go to Finder - Applications - Utilities - Terminal.
    b. Type and run the following commands:
    • sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/vmmain.kext
    • sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/hypervisor.kext
    • sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/helper.kext
    • sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/ConnectUSB.kext
    • sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/Pvsnet.kext
    • sudo rm -rf /Library/Parallels/
    • sudo rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.parallels.*
    c. Reboot your Mac and reinstall Parallels.

9. Metasyntactic

Metasyntactic Bit poster

Missing icons in the dock

I'm having the problem where windows applications icons don't show up in the dock.

Let me know what information in can give you to help out here.

10. tpat

tpat Bit poster

Fixed crashing issue

The suggested uninstall via the command line did not resolve a crashing Parallels for me. I ended up having to remove another directory found within my Documents directory: ~/Documents/.parallels-vm-directory. After removing this directory, I was able to launch Parallels, reregister, and use it as normal.

To catch this I used fs_usage to monitor file access. I looked at all the files accessed right before Parallels crashed and this one ended up being the culprit. Just thought I would mention this for others experiencing the same issue.

Here's the command I used to remove this directory (be careful!):

rm -fr ~/Documents/.parallels-vm-directory

11. rlockhart

rlockhart Junior Member

Bridged network fails under Leopard

I was having the same problem as other with the init_timeout error and installed MacFUSE as you suggested. Since then Bridged Networking has been broken. Shared networking works, but as I have noted in the forum before, Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) doesn't work with Shared Networking because it won't return the Mac address of the device I want to stream to, hence I'm forced to used Bridged.

Here is the ipconfig and the ifconfig files. What I don't understand is that my network is on subnet 192.168.46.x yet the address coming up in ipconfig is 192.168.117.x. I can successfully ping 192.168.117.1 from both the host and XP vm. Networking works just fine in the Mac. I have tried all the fixes you've suggested and still haven't been able to get this repaired. Any suggestions?

Oh, both adapters show "green" in the network applet in System Preferences, but with a "169" address, which would seem to indicate they're not getting an address from my DHCP server.

IPCONFIG:
    Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : localdomain

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.117.130

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.117.2

IFCONFIG:
    lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
    inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
    inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
    inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
    gif0: flags=8010<POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST> mtu 1280
    stf0: flags=0<> mtu 1280
    en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    ether 00:16:cb:a4:64:c4
    media: autoselect status: inactive
    supported media: autoselect 10baseT/UTP <half-duplex> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex,hw-loopback> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex,flow-control> 100baseTX <half-duplex> 100baseTX <full-duplex> 100baseTX <full-duplex,hw-loopback> 100baseTX <full-duplex,flow-control> 1000baseT <full-duplex> 1000baseT <full-duplex,hw-loopback> 1000baseT <full-duplex,flow-control> none
    fw1: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 2030
    lladdr 00:19:e3:ff:fe:80:37:c0
    media: autoselect <full-duplex> status: inactive
    supported media: autoselect <full-duplex>
    vmnet8: flags=8963<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    inet 192.168.117.1 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.117.255
    ether 00:50:56:c0:00:08
    vmnet1: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    inet 192.168.223.1 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.223.255
    ether 00:50:56:c0:00:01
    en1: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    tunnel inet -->
    inet6 fe80::216:cbff:febf:a8a6%en1 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x8
    inet 192.168.46.14 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.46.255
    ether 00:16:cb:bf:a8:a6
    vlan: 0 parent interface: <none>
    bond interfaces: <none>
    en2: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    inet6 fe80::21c:42ff:fe00:0%en2 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x9
    inet 169.254.59.146 netmask 0xffff0000 broadcast 169.254.255.255
    ether 00:1c:42:00:00:00
    en3: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    inet6 fe80::21c:42ff:fe00:1%en3 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0xa
    inet 169.254.59.146 netmask 0xffff0000 broadcast 169.254.255.255
    ether 00:1c:42:00:00:01

12. unfletch

unfletch Bit poster

Thanks for this workaround, Max. I'm having precisely the same issue, and rebooting to fix it is obviously not desirable.

I wanted to issue a warning to those who might try your shortcut though. I've issued this command to reload the parallels kernel extensions maybe 6 times so far, and while it usually does the trick quickly and cleanly, it once caused a kernel panic.

13. Max_B

Max_B Bit poster

Leopard or Parallels bug ?

I'd be nice if some Parallels tech gives us a clue about this. Is it a Leopard bug of not awaking a driver or a bug in the driver? If it's Leopard fault, issuing a bug report to Apple would help.

14. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

15. stevest

stevest Bit poster

You Asked For CRASH reports...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac OS X version 3.0 Build 4128.0 from 2007-06-09
    Received SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault
    Access to fault address: 0x64206f4e
    unknown signal sender: 1

Access to fault address: 0x6e697270

16. PurdueAV2003

PurdueAV2003 Bit poster

Coherence and Spaces

One issue I have had with Coherence and Spaces is the selection of the active VM window. When I use my MBP (2.33 GHz, 2 GB ram) for work purposes, I have my desktop set up with a 3 x 3 (9 spaces) arrangement. Two are dedicated to Mac OS, three to XP SP2 (fully updated), and four used as needed by either. The issue is when selecting a XP window in a space. The window on top is not necessarily the active window, and when clicked on, will still not become the active window. I must select the window from the Windows Task Bar to make the window active. This only occurs occasionally, and I haven't found a correlation as to what causes it. However, once the problem occurs, it persists until I restart Parallels. BTW, I typically have 5+ XP windows open simultaneously.

Another issue I have had with Coherence and Leopard is the Windows Task Bar. I have the Task Bar located on the left side of my desktop and set to autohide. Most of the time, but not always, when the Task Bar autohides, it leaves the right edge, leaving a vertical line about 1" from the left edge of my screen. To show the Task Bar, I must hover the cursor over the line, not the edge of the screen. This line is always on top of the active windows, so I lose about an inch of screen real estate.

Edit: Using Parallels Build 5160

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  17. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Time Machine and Spaces

Dear all,

Thank you for your reports. We are collecting all the data you give and deliver it to our QA team. The new PD build is being developed.

There are two workarounds proved by different users of the forum but not emphasized in this particular thread.

You can get rid of a number of problems with PD after Leopard installation if you exclude your VM from the Time Machine and if you disable Spaces.

theseeker, VM is Virtual Machine. To disable Windows Disk Sharing start Parallels (do not run Windows) and go to Configuration Editor -> Shared Folders. Remove a check in the box at "All Windows disks".

Best regards,
    Xenos

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  18. tilenius

tilenius Junior Member

Big time freezing / hanging w/ Leopard

Cross-posting this (with added detail) from the beta program as it appears to affect both 5160 (production) as well as 5540 (beta):

I run Parallels 3.0 on two Mac Pro computers (both with multiple processors and a ton of RAM, lots of disk space, etc.). Everything was fine with 5160 until I upgraded to Leopard.

Now, several times a day, Parallels FREEZES ("Hang") and I need to Force Quit it. It's not a guest OS thing -- the whole app freezes up and I need to use the Mac Force Quit to make it work.

I "upgraded" to the beta 5540 but same thing. 5540 seems to hang neither more nor less than 5160.

Both of my computers do this. They seem to be especially prone to freezing when the guest OS (Win XP Professional on both) is launching an app or doing other file access such as viewing an image, but I have not been able to reproduce it.

Needless to say, this is a huge problem -- I'm effectively hard rebooting my virtual Windows machine at least a half-dozen times per day since I installed Leopard. Ugh!

I've reported the application to Apple each time. Do they send you guys the logs?

I think some others have posted this, too. I just get the spinning beach ball of death. I've tried letting it go for hours once, but it definitely does not un-freeze itself. Killing the Parallels process and hard-rebooting is the only way to get out of this mess.

Please let me know what I can do give you more info to track this down.

Again, I had *no* problems with "Tiger", have had nothing but problems with "Leopard". No settings were changed. This is BOTH a problem in production 5160 *and* in 5540 beta.

Thanks!!!

DETAILS OF SOME WEIRD STUFF FROM MY CONSOLE:
    11/5/07 6:09:41 PM [0x0-0x2ac2ac].com.parallels.desktop[8526] Mon Nov 5 18:09:41 eric-tilenius-computer.local Parallels[8526] <Error>: CGImageCreate: invalid image size: 0 x 0.
    11/5/07 6:14:24 PM [0x0-0x2ac2ac].com.parallels.desktop[8526] Mon Nov 5 18:14:24 eric-tilenius-computer.local Parallels[8526] <Error>: CGImageCreate: invalid image size: 0 x 0.
    11/5/07 6:26:27 PM [0x0-0x2ac2ac].com.parallels.desktop[8526] GetUsbDevices(): Unable to create a plugin (0xe00002be)
    11/5/07 6:26:27 PM [0x0-0x2ac2ac].com.parallels.desktop[8526] GetUsbDevices(): Unable to create a plugin (0xe00002be)
    11/5/07 6:26:30 PM [0x0-0x2ac2ac].com.parallels.desktop[8526] GetUsbDevices(): Unable to create a plugin (0xe00002be)
    11/5/07 6:26:30 PM [0x0-0x2ac2ac].com.parallels.desktop[8526] GetUsbDevices(): Unable to create a plugin (0xe00002be)
    11/5/07 6:32:09 PM quicklookd[8977] EXCEPTION CPMessageException: (null)
    11/5/07 6:32:10 PM quicklookd[8977] EXCEPTION CPMessageException: (null)
    11/5/07 6:32:39 PM com.apple.launchd[111] (0x10bef0.Locum[8984]) Exited: Terminated
    11/5/07 6:33:18 PM quicklookd[8986] EXCEPTION CPMessageException: (null)
    11/5/07 6:33:44 PM [0x0-0x2ac2ac].com.parallels.desktop[8526] Mon Nov 5 18:33:44 eric-tilenius-computer.local Parallels[8526] <Error>: CGImageCreate: invalid image size: 0 x 0.
    11/5/07 6:42:15 PM com.apple.launchd[111] ([0x0-0x2ac2ac].com.parallels.desktop[8526]) Stray process with PGID equal to this dead job: PID 9005 PPID 1 WinAppHelper
    11/5/07 6:42:15 PM com.apple.launchd[111] ([0x0-0x2ac2ac].com.parallels.desktop[8526]) Stray process with PGID equal to this dead job: PID 8561 PPID 1 WinAppHelper
    11/5/07 6:42:15 PM com.apple.launchd[111] ([0x0-0x2ac2ac].com.parallels.desktop[8526]) Stray process with PGID equal to this dead job: PID 8542 PPID 1 vfstool
    11/5/07 6:42:15 PM com.apple.launchd[111] ([0x0-0x2ac2ac].com.parallels.desktop[8526]) Exited: Killed

19. jmanos3

jmanos3 Member

Differences in Results with Spaces

All,

I have noticed that some people are having success using Spaces while others are not. I wanted to share my experiences to-date as a follow-up to my original post in this thread (page 2 I believe). If the information below helps, great.

I have been using my Windows XP session with Spaces since the upgrade. I have run the Parallels session as both windowed and full screen. I have been able to switch back and forth between Spaces without incident. I have even used the new iChat screen sharing with Parallels running and it all worked fine.

So, what is different about my setup? Here are my details.

Mac: Mac Book Pro, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
    Parallels: Version 3 Build 4560
    MacFuse: Not installed/updated
    Spaces: Enabled
    Time Machine: Disabled
    Coherence: Disabled
    Drive Sharing: Disabled

I realize that many will want to have Coherence and Drive Sharing enabled but I am ok with not having them at the moment as a trade-off to having a stable Parallels session and Spaces enabled.

Again, just sharing what is working for me.

20. mpemburn

mpemburn Member

15. Parallels is hanging on either suspending or resuming VM

I have build 3214 and this is a problem for me. Tried the workaround suggested and it did not work. Any further suggestions? (No, I will not be upgrading to 3.0 any time soon. I just bought 2.x a few months ago).

-- Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.