PD13 ->PD14->PD13 - Toolbox no longer activating

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by ViacheslavK, Mar 20, 2019.

1. ViacheslavK

ViacheslavK Junior Member

Hi! Upgraded from PD13 to PD14, experienced issues, downgraded to PD13, refunded my PD14 order.

Toolbox stopped working and is not activating. Tried to uninstall and reinstall appropriate version (3.1.1) from my account, which shows that i have a perpetual lincence, still no luck - the licence server rejects it message.

Will appreciate your advice on how to get the old toolbox working again

2. Hi Viacheslav, we've made necessary changes with your key. Please try to activate it again and let us know the results. (Also screenshot of the error message after activation will be very appreciated).

3. ViacheslavK

ViacheslavK Junior Member

tried version 3.1.3 - still no luck (see screenshot - i just removed the actual key but the error message is there). Thank you for your help

4. Please confirm key, which you used for the activation. I've sen it to your via the private message.

5. VasilijF

VasilijF Bit poster

Hello! I've the same problem. I've permanent license for Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac and Parallels Toolbox. But I can't activate Parallels Toolbox on my new MacBook. Help me, please! What I need to do for activating?

6. Hi, we did some changes, please try again and let us know the results.

VasilijF likes this.
  7. VasilijF

VasilijF Bit poster

Which version of Parallels Toolbox should I install? And how to download it?)

8. VasilijF

VasilijF Bit poster

What is the latest version of Parallels Toolbox for Mac that can be activated with a key from Parallels Toolbox & Parallels Desktop 13?

9. VasilijF

VasilijF Bit poster

Hello! Unfortunately my problem has not been resolved. The key is not suitable for the version of Parallels Toolbox for Mac that I download from my personal account. Where can I get the version of Parallels Toolbox for Mac for activation with the Parallels Toolbox & Parallels Desktop 13 key?

10. TimL10

TimL10 Bit poster

I also have this same question but there are no responses from Parallels. How do we download and install the version of Toolbox that we paid for and have a permanent license for?

11. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,

If you have permanent key for Parallels Desktop 13 then the latest version of Parallels Toolbox you can use is 2.5.0. Here is a link to appropriate DMG: http://download.parallels.com/toolbox/v2/2.5.0-1405/ParallelsToolbox-2.5.0-1405.dmg

I suggest you to:
    - Disable automatic updates in Parallels Toolbox preferences (open Toolbox window --> click on cogwheel button -> turn "Disable automatic updates" option ON);
    - Open About window (open Toolbox window --> click on cogwheel button -> About) and press 'Sign out' button;
    - Download and install version 2.5.0 using link I've provided;
    - Use permanent key for Parallels Desktop 13 and appropriate Parallels Account to activate Parallels Toolbox;

12. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,

What version of Parallels Desktop do you have?

13. DariuszP1

DariuszP1 Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem - I am using Parallels Desktop for the last 10+ years (started from version 4) and since I have updated almost every year - I have together some 4 active licenses (plus 11 legacy ones!), including 2 PERMANENT licenses for Parallels Toolbox (from v12 and v13). It worked normally for many years, but after recent upgrade to Paralles Desktop 16 (from v. 15) the Toolbox stopped working after 3 months and my permanent license codes are not accepted?

I have read this thread and tried to download the version as suggeted by sergk but this cannot be installed on MacOS Catalina (system rejects this as "not safe and requireing updating by developer"). So apparently - as a result of me loyally upgrading the software I have lost access to Toolbox - which is entirely non-acceptable. Please offer me a reasonable solution to this or I would feel forced to stop any further purchases from you...

On a seperate note: I tried to get support from your facebook chat, but unfortunately the quality of this support is hopeless - your "consultants" (I guess - sitting in some call center in some remote country) seem not to understand the issue and even worse - are too lazy to read the correspondance before firing some "off the shelf" no-solution that is entirely irrelevant to the case - it is really a shame that you treat your long-term customers this way... (I can sand you a copy of these chat exchanges,, so you may think how to improve your support quality).

Regards

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Parallels Toolbox is a bonus software you will get when you buy Parallels Desktop. Starting from Parallels Desktop 14, if you buy a one-time license you will get three months promotional subscription for Parallels Toolbox and Parallels Access. You cannot use Parallels Desktop 14/15/16 key to activate Parallels Toolbox that was only possible with Parallels Desktop 12/13 and annual subscriptions. Currently, you do not have any active Parallels Toolbox subscriptions. The permanent Parallels Toolbox license you got with Parallels Desktop 12 and 13 cannot be used with the latest Parallels Toolbox version and also older versions of Parallels Toolbox cannot get installed on the latest macOS versions. You have to buy a Parallels Toolbox subscription to use the latest version.

15. DariuszP1

DariuszP1 Bit poster

Well, that's exactly what I mean by hopeless customer support... Your "advise" (or: whatever it was??) is top to bottom wrong - please see why: (i) I DO HAVE active Parallels Toolbox subscriptions (actually - two of them), which can easily be checked in my profile (why you have not done this?), (ii) older versions of Parallels Toolbox CAN get installed on the MacOS Catalina (contrary to your statements!) - as I have just found out such version (being "2.0.4 (1219)") is PROPERLY shown as "available download" in my Parallels profile = I just had to download & install this and enter my licesne key - and it works. So: problem solved... But unfortunately not thanks to your support but rather DESPITE OF fundamentally wrong advise from Parallels... Shame.

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

The keys you have for Parallels Toolbox are provided with Parallels Desktop 12 and 13 those cannot be called subscriptions. You might somehow get the older version of Parallels Toolbox installed in Catalina but it is not compatible. If you face any issues with the older version of Parallels Toolbox we will not provide any support.