Big Sur and Parallels: "Network initialization failed"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by LukeI, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Palrob

Palrob Bit poster

The latest version of parallels desktop pro works fine without any problem. The problem exists only in the business version. why? will there be a solution to the problem? I tried the pro trial version and it works!!!

2. MikeS31

MikeS31 Bit poster

This work around from macrumors' forum did the trick for me (Kudos to JohnO10661) :

Specifically :
    JohnO10661 said:
    Parallels was unable to provide help on this, but I needed a workaround and here it is. I have only been able to reproduce this bug with bridged networking.

Parallels is reading the "Default" and "Ethernet" adapters incorrectly. I am close to figuring out the pattern, but even creating an "Ethernet 2" does not help. The workaround is to use the wi-fi adapter if "Ethernet" is your primary or "Ethernet" if wi-fi is your primary.

Steps to fix:

Assume: Connection to the Mac is wired and "Ethernet" is the Mac's primary network.
    Enable Wi-Fi and allow it to connect to your network. You will have 2 IP addresses, but as long as Wi-Fi is later than "Ethernet" in the "Set Service Order", you are all good.
    For the network of the guest machine, choose "Wi-Fi". There is another tiny bug where you may have to select it twice if the machine is active. Make sure it was selected.

Bridged networking will now work, albeit over wi-fi. I intend to experiment with a second physical network adaptor, but for right now I just needed my virtual machines up and running.

3. AlexN2

AlexN2 Bit poster

What an absolute freakin' mess. I can't tell you how frustrated I am that bridged networking is DOA. "Ready" for Big Sur? PD 16 is ready for the dumpster to which it has set fire to my networking development and testing for a paying client. I'd hoped Corel would fix the yearly upgrade-and-burn cycle...but NOOOO...it's worse than ever.

anjuna likes this.
  4. anjuna

anjuna Junior Member

No updates? How's possible that it's still bugged?!

5. Hi, did you try to use the Bridged mode as a workaround?

6. anjuna

anjuna Junior Member

Yes and not working for me!

7. MarkusH17

MarkusH17 Bit poster

I had to disable IPv6 and my shared network worked again on my Debian Linux on Parallels Desktop 16 for Mac Pro Edition Version 16.1.1 (49141).

8. LliamelS

LliamelS Bit poster

PLEASE fix this! I've tried everything and nothing has worked!!

anjuna likes this.
  9. Andrew44

Andrew44 Bit poster

Having the same issues!!!
    WOW.... Still no fixes??? @support ???

anjuna likes this.
  10. Andrew44

Andrew44 Bit poster

Didn't work for me... As mentioned this command works but after a restart, same issues.
    sudo -b /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app

anjuna likes this.
  11. anjuna

anjuna Junior Member

Support abandoned us, no comment, i'm asking to refund the related licence from my vendor.

GiacomoD1 likes this.
  12. tonyberinson

tonyberinson Bit poster

This is ridiculous that this has been outstanding for so long.

Did anyone get a reply from Parallels that they are at least investigating the issue?

13. anjuna

anjuna Junior Member

I suggest to you to request refund also.

14. Palrob

Palrob Bit poster

News? it is not possible that there is not yet a solution! the businnes version was created for those who work with parallels

15. LliamelS

LliamelS Bit poster

At least give us some indication that you're working on fixing it so we don't feel like we're waisting our time coming on here...lol

16. MarqueIV

MarqueIV Junior Member

Sh#t! Add me to the list. 16.1.1 on Big Sur (which I *HATE* the visuals of BTW, but I digress...), Parallels Pro, and Shared no longer works. At least 'bridged' does for me right now so we'll see after any reboots like they're saying.

17. anjuna

anjuna Junior Member

Still unsolved o_O

18. Andrew44

Andrew44 Bit poster

Check. VMWare they extended the black friday special.

anjuna likes this.
  19. JonasR1

JonasR1 Bit poster

I closed all VM, disabled ipv6 in network pref in Parallels and then it worked again

anjuna likes this.
  20. anjuna

anjuna Junior Member

Awesome, thank you very much!