iPad Resolution

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by Dekaritae, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Dekaritae

Dekaritae Bit poster

i upgraded to an iPad 10.2 and now the smallest resolution i can use in Parallels Access is 1280x960, which is just too small to read. How can i get 1024x768 back?

2. Hello, please check this out and let us know if it's not that case.

Dekaritae likes this.
  3. Dekaritae

Dekaritae Bit poster

I don't think so my old iPad 9.7" still connects to the Mac at 1024x768 but that resolution is missing from the iPad 10.2"

4. Could you please provide us with a screenshot of Parallels Access resolution settings?

5. Dekaritae

Dekaritae Bit poster

the smallest setting here is 1280x960

Attached Files:

6. Thank you for your reply.
    Could you please collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's here.

7. Dekaritae

Dekaritae Bit poster

8. Web design

Web design Bit poster

1024x768 this resolution is missing at update version

Dekaritae likes this.
  9. ThomasR13

ThomasR13 Junior Member

One solution is to install software on the Mac that allows setting the resolution, e.g. the Parallels Toolbox. Then you can pick the desired resolution on your Mac and configure Parallels Access to use the desktop resolution instead of „optimal for iPad". The drawback is that you have to manually switch the resolution whenever you switch between direct and remote use of your Mac.

A better solution would of course be if Parallels would integrate a resolution selection feature into Parallels Access.

10. Dekaritae

Dekaritae Bit poster

I solved the problem by upgrading from a 2019 10.2" iPad to a 2016 9.7" iPad Pro, on which Parallels Access runs at the correct resolution for the desktop software i require.

11. dartb

dartb Bit poster

facing the same issue in my iPad 10.2 if you find the exact solution please help me

12. Dekaritae

Dekaritae Bit poster

I kind of gave up, I upgraded to an 11" iPad Pro and now I'm connecting at less than full-screen resolution, but with the extra keys at the bottom turned on.

Attached Files:

13. EmmaB5

EmmaB5 Bit poster

1024x768 this resolution is missing at update version