.Net 1.1 in Win XP on Parallels Desktop 2.1 for Mac OS

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by s.cresswell, May 18, 2006.

1. s.cresswell

s.cresswell Junior Member

Is anybody else having issues with .net installers in Windows XP SP2 running under Mac OS X 10.4.6?

For me the installer fails to completely execute, which leaves the XP registry keys in a munted state.
    And from there I can't apply the .net 1.1 service pack.

I have .net 2 which I'll try later, but just wondered if anybody else was trying this

2. s.cresswell

s.cresswell Junior Member

I'm using the RC btw

3. jmclark

jmclark Bit poster

I am having an issue attempting to load a .net app in IE6. The app errors with a series of alerts starting with 'exception thrown by the target of invocation' then 'mscorlib' then 'at system.runtime.type ....blah blah..' and finally 'object reference not set to an instance of an object'.

Sadly, this app is one I need to demo and the one and only thing keeping me from tossing the old IBM out the window. Seems the type of errors indicate an issue with the apps ability to load in the global assembly cache as the path to it may be different with parallels than when native. Beats me.

I'm running RC on a MBP 2.0 with WinXP Pro SP2 and .net framework 1.1.4322

4. merdely

merdely Bit poster

I had this problem too. I manually uninstalled 2.0, 1.1, re-installed 2.0, then 1.1, then 1.1 SP.

HTH,
    -ME

5. jmclark

jmclark Bit poster

Figured it out. .NET framework 1.1 also needs its own SP 1 to run the app I am attempting. Now I am off to figure out where to tie the rope on my new IBM R40 boat anchor...