Network Initialization Failed

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by StephenB13, Oct 6, 2018.

1. tomb18

tomb18 Bit poster

Any news? I can't use it for work and it's not possible that after more than 2 months anybody can solve this problem!!

2. Daniele22

Daniele22 Junior Member

many parallel users are changing to other virtual machines

3. AtomicSpace

AtomicSpace Bit poster

Doesn't' work for me:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2021
  4. StefanM12

StefanM12 Bit poster

In my case, it helped to restore the default settings of Parallels network preferences and Network settings in the Virtual Machine configuration as described here:
    https://kb.parallels.com/en/111831

5. Kiki

Kiki Bit poster

And what exactly is "your case"? Witch PD version and bootcamp or normal VM?

Because, as excepted. It does not work.

6. StefanM12

StefanM12 Bit poster

Like the other posts since almost 2 weeks, my case is about the most recent versions: MacOS 11.0.1 Big Sur and Parallels Desktop 16.1.1.

7. LuffyM

LuffyM Bit poster

Why is the support so silent on this? The business edition doesn't deserve the attention ?
    I tried everything, and running with sudo is just ridiculous since the workflow is broken, fix it already, give a proper communication on social

8. abdeljalilm

abdeljalilm Bit poster

For Big sur user's The only solution for now is to use the parallel version 15 & When you want to run the Parallel use this 2 command lines and run it on terminal
    Run terminal :
    first run this line : export SYSTEM_VERSION_COMPAT=1
    Second Run this line :
    open -a "Parallels Desktop"
    this is the only solution until parallel team cover the network problem in the new version

9. JohnD44

JohnD44 Member

Hello Support. I just upgraded to Big Sur 11.0.1, and am running Parallels 16.1.1. I'm having the same network problems as everyone else. I have a bridged/bonded network connection on my Mac (802.3ad/LACP), named "bond0" by macOS. It was working fine in Catalina. In Big Sur, "bond0" is MISSING from the Bridged Network drop-down list. Being a bond, individual network adapters will not work. I've tried both terminal commands being circulated in these forums, but nothing is working. I have many NAS shares, so cannot be using bridged mode. Any insight from the development team? Thanks.

10. abdeljalilm

abdeljalilm Bit poster

For Big sur user's The only solution for now is to use the parallel version 15 & When you want to run the Parallel use this 2 command lines and run it on terminal
    Run terminal :
    first run this line : export SYSTEM_VERSION_COMPAT=1
    Second Run this line :
    open -a "Parallels Desktop"
    this is the only solution until parallel team cover the network problem in the new version

11. LouisN

LouisN Bit poster

Do we have to do this each time, or once is enough?

Kiki likes this.
  12. JohnD44

JohnD44 Member

I'm routing all my VM traffic through WiFi, which is not ideal, but getting me by 'till Parallels fixes this major networking bug.

13. LouisN

LouisN Bit poster

Tested and we have to do the operation each time, thanks for the temporary fix it's better than nothing!

14. LouisN

LouisN Bit poster

(Actually I now have the "black screen" issue with v15 so this fix doesn't solve anything for me sadly, btw it's a pain posts can't be edited)

15. fuckroyal

fuckroyal Bit poster

It looks like the error cause is a non-existent network interface (in my case, en6). When launching the VM, app tries to create a bridged interface, but fails if we're not the root (it also fails with sudo -u).
    Workaround: sudo -bEH /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app

16. Americanninja

Americanninja Bit poster

Hi all,

So it does seem that running this command in terminal will get networking working with Parallels 16.1.1.

sudo -b /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app
    However, it seems if you launch Parallels this way, Coherence now no longer works.
    If I launch parallels without the above command (regular way you would launch), it will load with the network error message, but then Coherence works. So it seems that although that workaround fixes the network issue, it breaks Coherence.

What's the deal?!?

17. fuckroyal

fuckroyal Bit poster

When launching with sudo Parallels won't be in the same session as you (the regular user) are - it basically switches the user, so as long as you're not logged in to a graphical session Coherence (and a lot of similar stuff) won't probably work.

18. Americanninja

Americanninja Bit poster

Thanks for the reply and explanation. So given that there is no fix provided by parallels (which is absolutely pathetic at this stage), what option do I have to use with network and coherence. Is there a way I can launch the application or get both network and coherence to work? Thanks in advance!

19. Daniele22

Daniele22 Junior Member

any news from Parallels Team??? it's ridiculous that after 1 month any solution from usb and internet sharing!!!

tomb18 likes this.
  20. MuratG

MuratG Bit poster

I see that people with geniue Parallels licenses does not have any issue at all about network configuration. My clients are asking me sometimes about it and i found out they have pirated versions of Parallels. I told them to buy license from Parallels. And when they buy license directly from Parallels, issue is fixed.

Maria@Parallels likes this.