Problem connecting with programs Lutron Radiora2 & Lutron Homeworks

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DylanS2, Aug 2, 2018.

1. DylanS2

DylanS2 Bit poster

Hello i have a new 2018 Macbook pro with fresh copy of the latest windows 10 on it running parallels. Most network functions are fine, accessing local servers, internet etc. The only problem is connecting to processors on programs lutron radiora2 and Homeworks which use multicast over the wifi card. Doesnt matter if its shared or bridged network still doesnt work, staticing ip addresses doesnt help. If i hardwire the mac then all network functions are perfect and i can communicate fine only issue is on wireless. If i boot up in bootcamp directly to windows and connect wifi it works fine as well. Issue is only when running parallels over wifi. Not sure if this is a new MBP issue or setting since i had the exact same setup with the latest air and it worked fine through parallels, i also tried matching up every possible network setting but still zero luck. Need help! Thanks

2. DylanS2

DylanS2 Bit poster

And Yes i tried everything on KB article 8978

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @DylanS2, can you please send us a Technical Data collected right after the Windows is trying to connect to the WiFi card (Help menu > Send Technical Data...)? This will help us significantly, please reply me back with the report ID number.

4. DylanS2

DylanS2 Bit poster

5. DylanS2

DylanS2 Bit poster

any updates?

6. MattN4

MattN4 Bit poster

I am having this exact same problem with the exact same set of circumstances. Same 2018 MacBook Pro with same fresh copy of Windows 10. Works perfectly if it's connected through an ethernet adapter but won't work on wifi. Any updates on this issue?

7. BenedictG

BenedictG Bit poster

I also am having this exact issue. Any update?

8. Hi, detailed description will be very appreciated. Could you please provide us with the Parallels Desktop version which you're using.
    With screenshot of error/warning message,if you got some.

9. BenedictG

BenedictG Bit poster

I have a 2015 MacBook Air (macOS Mojave 10.14.3) running Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac (12.12.1). the VM is Windows 7 Pro running Lutron HomeWorks QS 14.0.0. Right next to this laptop is a 2018 MacBook Air (macOS Mojave 10.14.3) Running Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac Home Edition (14.1.3). The VM is Window 10 Pro running Lutron HomeWorks QS 14.0.0.
    All network functions are fine on both machines when a wired ethernet connection is used and parallels is set to Bridged Mode - Thunderbolt Ethernet.
    All network functions on the 2015 Mac are fine when wifi is used and parallels is set to Bridged Mode - Wifi.
    But on the 2018 Mac, when wifi is used and parallels is set to Bridged Mode - Wifi, the Lutron HomeWorks QS software cannot handshake with the wired Lutron processor.
    The 2018 Mac has the Windows adapter set statically to 192.168.86.131 with a Class C subnet and a gateway of 192.168.86.1. The Lutron processor has its adapter set statically to 192.168.86. 201 with a Class C subnet and a gateway of 192.168.86.1. The Mac adapter is set statically to 192.168.86.129 with a Class C subnet and a gateway of 192.168.86.1.
    Over wifi, I can ping the Lutron processor from the Windows 10 VM. Also the internet, ftp, etc., work fine. But even with Window 10 and Mac firewalls turned off, I cannot get the Windows 10 VM to handshake with the Lutron Processor.
    With the 2015 Mac, the handshake works fine over wifi with all firewalls turned on.
    Being able to work with the Lutron processor over wifi saves a considerable amount of time and work particularly when limit-setting Lutron Shades that are controlled by Lutron HomeWorks QS.

10. BenedictG

BenedictG Bit poster

Maria,
    I was at a conference with a competitor yesterday and he is able to handshake with the Homeworks Processor using Windows 10 on Parallels on a 2015 MacBook Air. Like me, he is running macOS Mojave 10.14.3. The noticeable difference between his system and mine is that he is running Parallels 13 and I am running Parallels 14 on my 2018 MacBook Air. As I detailed in the post above, my 2015 MacBook Air running Parallels 12 has no problem handshaking with the Homeworks Processor. Could there be an issue in going from Parallels 13 to Parallels 14?

Thanks.

11. Nathan6

Nathan6 Bit poster

I think its a firewall issue setting.
    I ran into the same issues as above... and I just so happened to be on the phone with Lutron Tech Support trouble shooting a different issue at my office and "Lutron" had me disable widows firewall while I was hardwired into a RA2 main repeater. When I did my Office Demo RA2 appeared online. I can now use Lutron QS and RA2 Software on the WiFi again.

12. Jamout

Jamout Bit poster

I am having the same connection issues using Wifi on Parallels Desktop 15 on a Windows 10 system, I can communicate with the Lutron Radio Ra2 Main Repeater or Homeworks QS processor when I am hardwired into the network but when I try to do it via Wifi the computer cannot find the Lutron equipment on the network. I can scan the network and ping the ip address of the button processors with no issue and I can also log into the web browser splash page of the lutron equipment without issue as well from windows on parallels. I am wondering if it is an issue with parallels blocking the multicast broadcast vis wifi?
    Please help, I am using a Late model 2018 Macbook Pro 15 with the I9 Intel Processor running Mojave 10.14.6, Parallels is version 15 running Windows 10, I made sure everything is up to date.

13. KrisT3

KrisT3 Bit poster

Anyone ever find a solution? I have to carry my old MacBook around just for Lutron RA2 projects. My 16" MacBook was Time Capsule setup from my 15" and everything is the same on Mac and Windows sides. I loaded windows and RA2 to my old 15" with Parallels and it works fine. Compared all network setting to my 16" and if something was different, I changed it to match. I still can't connect with my 16" unless I hardwire directly to the Main Repeater. That only works on systems with one Main Repeater. I feel like I have tried everything and it must be hardware related to new MacBooks? Maybe determining what year MacBook this issue started would help??

DanielW18 likes this.
  14. Hello, could you provide us with the tech.report and screenshot of the issue?

15. DanielW18

DanielW18 Bit poster

Was there ever a solution here? I had RadioRa2 Essentials working perfectly on Parallels over WiFi on 2018 MacBook Pro with bridged network and default (WiFi) adapter. After upgrade of MacOS to Big Sur and Parallels to 16.1.1, Essentials no longer can find the main repeater but it works fine over wired Ethernet. I cannot figure out anything that has changed other than the OS and Parallels and suspect it may relate to multicast over WiFi. Completely turning off both the MacOS and Windows firewalls makes no difference. Would love to get it working again on WiFi if there are any insights on how. Thank you.

16. Hello, unfortunately we haven't received any technical report from the latest Parallels Desktop version, but we need it to find the root cause of the issue.
    Could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here please?
    Looking forward to your reply. (screenshots of the error/warning message (if any) will be also very helpful)

17. DanielW18

DanielW18 Bit poster

I have already provided all of this through an open ticket that has been escalated to your second level support team. Ticket #2836212

18. Thank you for your reply it looks like your ticket has been resolved already.

19. DanielW18

DanielW18 Bit poster

No, actually it's only temporarily closed as some additional requested testing with a prior version of Parallels can't be completed until I return to a house in Colorado that I won't be back at for another 5 weeks. Your tech, Michael, said the case can't be kept open without action for that long so he's closing, but that when I return and reply with the requested additional test/tech data, the ticket with re-open and work will resume where we left off.

20. BAutomations

BAutomations Bit poster

Same problem as everyone here. My network is currently set to "Shared Network (Recommended)"

Parallels Version 16.1.1 (49141)
    Mac OS 11.0.1

Just installed RadioRA2 Essentials 11.6.0 and cannot find the main repeater to set up this home.