Sorry if redundant... Need help with installation of Desktop, PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MissyG, Dec 14, 2020.

1. MissyG

MissyG Bit poster

Hi all...
    I am new fairly new to the Mac World and need your expertise, please. I previously installed Parallels Access in order to access my computer at work (working remotely due to COVID). I have been tasked with a duty that will require me to use a program that is only available in Windows format. So, after reading a bit about Parallels and Boot Camp, I decided to give it a try. Apparently when I installed Access I also registered for a free trial of Desktop (unaware, so did not use it)...so when I went to my account page there was an offering to "Upgrade" Desktop. In seeing that it was a bit less expensive and since I had already paid for Access and it is part of Desktop, I thought sure...I will just go that route and spend the $49.99 for the Pro Version being offered. So, I purchased...received my key and upon trying to activate, it asks for a previous version key that unfortunately I do not have. Can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help! I read that if you did the trial version you can upgrade to the subscription...so that's what I did but now I am stuck in the water. I have reached out on Messenger but have heard nothing back. Signed, Softwareless in Houston. Thanks!!

2. Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    In order to activate Parallels Desktop upgrade you need new license and any previous version license key (not a trial version)
    So in your case we can provide you with a refund for your upgrade and you will be able to purchase the full version.
    If you would like to get a refund, please provide us with your purchase order number.

3. MissyG

MissyG Bit poster

Hi and good morning!
    Thank you for your response... Yes, please issue a refund and I will purchase the full version. The PO# (or I think this is what you are needing) is 252305739.
    Please let me know if this is incorrect.
    Is it possible to receive this refund today so I can purchase the other version and begin working remotely? I'd sure appreciate it!!
    Thank so much!!

4. Hey, your order has been refunded, you will receive funs during the next 5-7 days.
    Please ket us know if you have any additional questions.