Parallels 16.1.1 update check failing on MacOS 11.1

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JulsS, Dec 17, 2020.

1. JulsS

JulsS Member

Anyone else getting a "Unable to check for updates" error when doing a "Check for Updates" using Parallels 16.1.1 and MacOS 11.1? Updates were working fine on MacOS 11.0.1 but are now broken. I tried reinstalling Parallels and rebooting my Mac, but I still am unable to successfully check for updates.

juls

2. ThamaerE

ThamaerE Bit poster

Yes I am having the same issue. I am "Unable to check for Updates" when doing Check for Updates using Parallels 16.1.1 and MacOS 10.15.7. Never had this issue before. Is it something on Parallels' side?

JulsS likes this.
  3. RobertP13

RobertP13 Junior Member

I have the same issue

4. ThomasB52

ThomasB52 Bit poster

Same issue here. There are some fixes described in the support section, but they do not help for 11.1.
    Checking for updates worked fine with 11.1 yesterday.

5. JulsS

JulsS Member

Given that ThamaerE has the same problem on macOS 10.15.7 and today Parallels launched a preview version of Parallels Desktop 16 for M1, I would not be surprised if something broke with the updates on Parallel's side.

juls

ThamaerE likes this.
  6. ThomasB52

ThomasB52 Bit poster

THX. I'll just have to be patient...

7. ThamaerE

ThamaerE Bit poster

Just spoke with Parallels support and they have received several reports about this issue today. After replicating the issue they collected a diagnostic report. Was told by support that they would contact me by email to let me know what is going on. No ETA but will try to update this thread again if I find a resolution. I do thinks it's on Parallels' side.

8. CraigT4

CraigT4 Bit poster

Same issue here, and it also seems to affect the ability to download the free available operating system VM's, like the linux distros. Same message though "To get the list of available systems, please connect your Mac to the Internet."

9. BrianG3

BrianG3 Bit poster

I'm having the same problem with Parallels Desktop 16.1.1 and macOS 10.15.7.

10. FrankW10

FrankW10 Bit poster

Same problem here: Parallels Desktop 16.1.0 and macOS 10.15.7

11. micdim

micdim Junior Member

Same Problem here on: Parallels Desktop 16.1.1-49141 on MacOS Mojave 10.11.6 Newest Security updates up to today.
    Tried the terminal codes, but they don't work?

12. Marcus4

Marcus4 Bit poster

I am facing the same issue and as such, unable to create a new linux image.

13. JulsS

JulsS Member

It is fixed for me as of this morning. Checking for updates works correctly.
    juls

ThamaerE likes this.
  14. ThamaerE

ThamaerE Bit poster

Can confirm that the issue has been resolved by Parallels support. Checking for updates is working correctly for me too.

15. RobertP13

RobertP13 Junior Member

Also can confirm that it is working right now properly

16. Hello, it looks like the issue has been resolved.
    But if you still see it please let us know.