Can I run designing software's through Parallels?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DanielJ17, Dec 18, 2020.

1. DanielJ17

DanielJ17 Bit poster

Hi there, I am designer and have been creating differents designs for my companies. Normally I would be at creating design from my office but due to the COVID I was told to work from home. I agreed but then they gave me my own apple laptop and told me do all office tasks on this. I agreed then but I don't know how to use mac's as I am windows user. While searching ways I could run windows on the mac the only way I could find was doing a full windows install but I don't know how to install windows on pc's either so I kept searching until I stumbled on this website. So my question how can I use windows on the mac through parellels and will it be able to run softwares like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2020
  2. kat

kat Product Expert

Yes you should be able to use software like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, I have with older versions.
    To install Parallels these instructions from the knowledgebase should be helpful:
    https://kb.parallels.com/en/4729

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  3. PozziB

PozziB Bit poster

Thank you. I really got used to windows and I wanted to use my favorite designing app Planner5D for gym design and I was very pleased that I could launch it with parallels. We currently have a new project and I really needed a 3d model of the gym)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2021
  4. Hey, you can always test your application with Parallels Desktop virtual machine during the 14 days trial period.
    If you have any additional questions please let us know.