Remove "free up disk space" popup (mac)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DavidA4, Dec 16, 2020.

1. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

I continue to get this message from Parallels Desktop offering to free up disk space. First off, the one and only time (and last time) I tried this it caused an extremely severe crash on my MacBook computer and I had to reinstall my macOS to fix the damage created by Parallels. Obviously, I have zero interest in repeating that mistake - so, no, I will never press the "free up disk space" button ever again.

Now, back to the question: how to I turn off this popup message?

I've attached a screen capture of the message I wish to turn off.

Attached Files:

2. Hello, what is your Parallels Desktop version?
    When did you get this message? (Just when you start Parallels Desktop or virtual machine?) When you disregard this option, does it reappear again and again?

3. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

I have Desktop Parallels Version 15.
    The message randomly pops up. I haven't kept a log of exact times and dates. The message dismisses itself automatically.

By the way - just so you know - if you invoke the "free up disk space" feature it will destroy the macOS operating system - leaving no other option but to reinstall macOS. This is an extremely dangerous, unsafe and nearly malicious feature that Parallels offers.

Please tell me now to remove the popup.

4. Thank you for your reply.
    May I ask you for a technical report? Could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced please and post the report's ID here?

5. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

Why would you need a technical report to let me know if a popup message generated by Parallels can or cannot be removed? Or, are you asking about how Parallels Desktop destroys the macOS operating system? For the latter case, that happened few years ago (I posted about it here) - and since that time I've rebuilt everything - therefore a technical report will not provide information about this obnoxious flaw. If you seach the forum I believe you'll find others that have reported similar issues (PD damaging macOS when using free disk space utility).

Now, back to the title of this thread: how to I turn off this popup message? (free disk space message)