RC and USB

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by n4khq, May 18, 2006.

1. n4khq

n4khq Member

Cruzer 1 GHz, now works. XP tells me performance will be faster if I connect at Hi-Speed USB 2 port. If I safe remove form XP it auto mounts on OS X.

2. jsqr

jsqr Bit poster

RC and USB - Lexar USB Jump Drive

I experienced many of the same issues with 1GB Lexar Jump Drive. It mounts w/o problems, informs me that USB 2.0 connection will be faster (even though I have it connected via USB 2.0 Belkin add-on hub), and its contents are accessible. Although it mounts as a drive, there is no eject option for it, and when I remove it, XP still thinks it's connected and displays its contents and properties even after it's removed.

It doesn't appear in OS X, however.

Also tried connecting Logitech USB desktop microphone for use with Dragon Naturally Speaking ver 8.1. (DNS) Connection through main USB hub. (not add-on hub). The application appears to acknowledge the presemce of the mike but DNS diagnostics reports the volume and quality control checks are unacceptable. This same app and mike work fine on a native XP install.

Jsqr

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  3. Traj

Traj Member

Nix to Garmin

Still cannot recognize Garmin GPS with RC. I tried both the Quest and the GPSMAP60c and neither are recognized. Bummer. This is the only reason I need Windoze.

4. dan

dan Member

Finally! My Cruzer 512 works perfectly, now. And I'm also able to use my Magellan Meridian with a Keyspan usb serial adapter (with previous versions of Parallels I kept getting "port in use" error message).

5. klopf

klopf Bit poster

Yeah, no luck with a Garmin Legend Cx. It recognizes the device and will start a transfer, but throws an error a few minutes later. Very frustrating.

6. billh

billh Bit poster

Cruiser Micro 2GB and USB

I have a 2GB Cruiser Micro AND a 1GB Geek Squad (yea, I am embarrased to say) USB drive. They both mount and display directories, BUT

BSOD after about 20sec after accessing USB root directory.

Unfortunately, the VM reboots before I can read the exact error message.

I have to say that performance at the desktop level is VERY FAST now in the RC.

I am with the multitudes in saying "Please fix USB issues by the full release"

We are all counting on you Parallels....

I have purchased it already.... I know you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!

7. oghma101

oghma101 Bit poster

Hi Dan,

I would be interested to know how you set up your Keyspan serial adapter. I can't get this thing to work. Where have you installed the keyspan drivers? In OS X, XP or both?
    What are your VM settings for the serial and usb ports?
    Would really like to update my Garmin Pilot III !!

Thanks in advance for your info.