Download doesn't work

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ElkeS, Dec 31, 2020.

1. ElkeS

ElkeS Bit poster

Hi everybody, I just tried to download Parallels Desktop 16.1.2. on my brand-new MacBookPro (Catalina 10.15.7) - it doesn't work. I received a message saying " ... .dmg ist beschädigt und kann nicht geöffnet werden". I tried several times with the immediate download link I received after I bought it AND I tried also to download it with the permanent link. Neither doesn't work. Does anyone have any idea what to do? Thanks for your help.
    Elke

2. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi Elke,
    I would check the firewall settings on my Mac. It may be that permissions are required to pass through the firewall.

3. ElkeS

ElkeS Bit poster

Hi Kat,
    thanks, but: no. Firewall is still not activated. Do you have any other suggestion?

4. kat

kat Product Expert

This sounds like it may be Mac's Gatekeeper:
    Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 7.50.29 AM.png
    Security & privacy>General> open lock> click on App Store and Identified developers.
    I would also delete the copies of parallels currently on my computer restart my Mac and go to Parallels.com (this is the free trial). Use your license or subscription key that was emailed you when you made your purchase to activate the product once it is working properly.