Big Sur and Parallels: "Network initialization failed"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by LukeI, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Macwinrob

Macwinrob Bit poster

Are any of these issues fixed in 16.1.2?

2. anjuna

anjuna Junior Member

Released new version? it's a troll?

3. Macwinrob

Macwinrob Bit poster

FFS!
    [​IMG]

4. anjuna

anjuna Junior Member

thanks!

5. KnudH

KnudH Bit poster

sudo -b /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app
    THis command did not solve my same problem
    My network cannot start

6. SimonB19

SimonB19 Bit poster

I can confirm after much messing around
    sudo -b /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app
    DOES WORK. You just need to keep the terminal window open while you use Parallels. Have tested multiple times in Win 10 and Ubuntu. I've been looking to write an automator script to see if I could run the command and then open Parallels to make life a little easier.

7. JeffH21

JeffH21 Bit poster

Network issue for Win 10, Mac 10.14.2 and Kali Linux VM's.
    Also, keeping terminal open did not work for me either.

jeff@Blah ~ % sudo -b /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app
    Password:
    jeff@Blah ~ % objc[1892]: Class CoreBluetoothManagerDelegate is implemented in both /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/8/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK (0x10cf9e810) and /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Frameworks/libPrlGui.3.dylib (0x10d4bce70). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    objc[1892]: Class CoreBluetoothManagerDelegate is implemented in both /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/8/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK (0x10cf9e810) and /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app (0x10c68d648). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    objc[1892]: Class OpenPanel is implemented in both /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Frameworks/libPrlGui.3.dylib (0x10d4bcec0) and /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app (0x10c68d918). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

jeff@Blah ~ % sudo -b /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app
    jeff@Blah ~ % objc[2086]: Class CoreBluetoothManagerDelegate is implemented in both /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/8/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK (0x10bdc5810) and /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Frameworks/libPrlGui.3.dylib (0x10c71ee70). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    objc[2086]: Class CoreBluetoothManagerDelegate is implemented in both /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/8/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK (0x10bdc5810) and /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app (0x10b4b5648). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    objc[2086]: Class OpenPanel is implemented in both /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Frameworks/libPrlGui.3.dylib (0x10c71eec0) and /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app (0x10b4b5918). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

8. DarrellH1

DarrellH1 Bit poster

9. AliZ4

AliZ4 Bit poster

Hi! I Found the solution of this problem. You can use this to start Parallels without sudo and it should work.

1. sudo nano /Library/Preferences/Parallels/network.desktop.xml
    2. find <UseKextless>1</UseKextless> (value can be -1), and change the value to the <UseKextless>0</UseKextless>
    3. if you can't to find this tag, then just create it under root tag <ParallelsNetworkConfig ...>here</ParallelsNetworkConfig>

Result: you can start/restart Parallels without sudo - network will work.

DaniilC and KondesignT like this.
  10. KondesignT

KondesignT Bit poster

Great!! This solution is worked file for me, Thank you

11. EnricoC3

EnricoC3 Bit poster

Hello,i've tried but doesn't work.
    I deactivated the SIP, extended the permissions of the folder to "read and write" and changed the value of "network.desktop.xml" to "0".
    Every time I start PD, I get the error "To complete Parallels Desktop setup, you need to restart your Mac". Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

12. ShaileshJ

ShaileshJ Bit poster

THIS IS 100% WORKING

WesamK likes this.
  13. ShaileshJ

ShaileshJ Bit poster

100% working

1. Quit Parallels
    2. Opern Terminal & Run this command
      sudo nano /Library/Preferences/Parallels/network.desktop.xml
    3. In the following line
      <UseKextless>-1</UseKextless>
    4. replace -1 with 0
    5. save and start parallels
    Problem Solved.

WesamK likes this.
  14. Fahmi

Fahmi Bit poster

I got this problem after downloading it on an unofficial site. After I downloaded it on the official site with the Pro version, this problem didn't appear.

15. TerryC7

TerryC7 Bit poster

I occasionally have this issue. Parallels 16.3.1 Microsoft build 21292.1 Go to settings-network and internet-use the troubleshooter to fix the connection. Always works for me but I'm not as tech savvy as most on this forum.

16. elierco

elierco Bit poster

First - Reset your network devices to make sure your router hasn't become flooded with data. If you're using a wireless connection, optimize your internet connection to rule out a connection issue.
    Second - Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.

17. Henk3

Henk3 Bit poster

I have just installed Parallels 16.1.2 and have still the same problem. "No network connection".

18. HazzaaE

HazzaaE Bit poster

Hi,
    I tried this: sudo -b /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app
    Parallels asked me to select macOS High Serries file and then it seems new VM installation started in a new window, after one night running this process, I lost 60 GB in my HDD, and the porccess with not finish, I stopped completely this running process. But I don't know where this 60 GB where used. Could you please tell me where can I find this used 60GB to delete them? Before this process I had 190 GB, now I have 130 GB.
    Thank you

elierco likes this.
  19. elierco

elierco Bit poster

Thanks this works fine

20. BabakB1

BabakB1 Bit poster

Hi
    I have 2 VM in my parallel Desktop (Win 7 and 10)
    I used this solution as temporary solution about 2 months ago and now, I can't run Windows 10 without this command line.
    my mean is after restarting my laptop, I have to do it one time (till the next restart) then can run windows 10
    otherwise it show me an error that I don't have virtual memory (or something like this error)

any suggestion to solve it?