Livemeeting Application sharing crashes Parallels

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by cmpi, May 18, 2006.

1. cmpi

cmpi Junior Member

Today I decided to use RC1 for actual testing of the Microsoft Livemeeting Client.

Whenever I start application sharing and start using the shared application, I get the beach ball of death on Parallels, Followed by a crash (Parallels crashes, not windows!)

Running XP Pro inside Parallels, MBP 15" 2G, 10.4.6, all patches, latest firmare.

I will downgrade to B6 to try this same scenario

2. cmpi

cmpi Junior Member

Well, some experimentation led to the cause: It's the Parallels tools that crash Livemeeting, not Parallels. B6 and RC1 both crash (with their respective tools versions). Uninstalling the tools makes livemeeting run perfectly.

Seems like a bug in the video driver somewhere...

Keep up the great work!.

3. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Thanks for reporting - we will try to reproduce this.

4. mfkilgore

mfkilgore Member

Verification - LiveMeeting hangs Parallels

Today I tried LiveMeeting which came up and was running until I tried to share my desktop. Parallels hung (10 minutes) and i had to Force Quit to get out of it. FYI - I have used a competing product called gotomeeting with no issues at all...

5. rreesor

rreesor Bit poster

Similar issue with LiveMeeting

It seems that parallels for the mac and LiveMeeting do not play together well. Here's the scenario:

Joe, at some remote location, is using LiveMeeting to present some PowerPoint slides to several of us at several locations. Joe gives control to me - I'm using LiveMeeting on IE on XP on Parallels on Mac.

I can then control his slide show. That works just fine.

However, now I want to share a Java application with the others, so I use LiveMeeting's sharing capability and choose the running Java application to share.

Immediately, Parallels locks up. The Mac "spinning rainbow" mouse icon (whatever) just spins on the XP screen. For a moment or so, the actual Mac desktop is still responsive, though Parallels is not. However, in short order, theMac desktop becomes unresponsive and a hard boot of the Mac is the only cure.

6. mfkilgore

mfkilgore Member

I have double checked on the latest build with upgraded desktop tools and continue to have the same problem. Every time I share the desktop first parallels and then (if not quick enough to force quit) the entire machine locks up.

7. lithe951

lithe951 Member

Add me to the chorus too. LiveMeeting is a hideous piece of bloatware and I can't believe I had to sit through 2 hours or training to use something that should be simple (hello GotoMeeting). I tested it this morning and when I tried to use application sharing, it immediately crashed. Unfortunately it's what my company uses for online meetings, so I have no choice. I'll have to go find a PC for the meeting today.

This may force me to set up Boot Camp, which I have so far avoided. Anyone tried it that way? BTW anyone tried Goto Meeting on the Mac? I loved it in my past life, perfect for my needs and I may try to grab an account anyway.

Mark