Cannot connect to the network

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by qi yes, Dec 11, 2020.

1. BrianH18

BrianH18 Bit poster

Digging through the forums I found another solution. I went into the Parallels Configuration Menu -> Hardware -> Network -> Change the Source from "Shared Network (Recommended)" to "Default Adapter".

2. JosepB1

JosepB1 Bit poster

Hola.
    Yo continuo esperando que funcione y por lo que veo, aun no funciona correctamente, tengo la versión de prueba y ahora no se si instalar la ultima versión.
    Saludos

3. drews4

drews4 Bit poster

Still can not get VM (neither Windows or Linux) to connect to internet in Big Sur. Notice attached file with suspected reason. Both macs connected to same network and router.

Attached Files:

4. ae6dx

ae6dx Hunter

I switched to Bridge mode ethernet and it worked. Report#359492300

5. DonggiL

DonggiL Bit poster

Thanks, it works. See if it sustained.

6. CaliA

CaliA Bit poster

I had no problems immediately after the update, but after a couple of days I received the same message "Network initialization failed", version 16.1.1. maybe i missed some update?

7. TonS1

TonS1 Bit poster

Same thing with me. Immediately after the update, just a few minutes ago: "Network initialization failed". Second time already. It also happened with the previous update. Very, very annoying!
    It shocks my confidence in this software that I use every day for professional purposes.
    It is incomprehensible that this can just happen. Especially now that I read that several - many even - users have to contend with this same problem. This is no longer serious! This must be fixable, without causing such an overload to the users.

CaliA likes this.
  8. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

9. LudwigG3

LudwigG3 Bit poster

has anyone gotten an answer about this? I feel like support has completely shut down regarding compatibility with big sur.
    the knowledge-base article has not been updated since december and the last updates did not mention this bug.
    https://kb.parallels.com/125039