"USB Device Cannot be Connected"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SimonB17, Dec 9, 2020.

1. SimonB17

SimonB17 Junior Member

When using Parallels I get endless continuous popups for Printers that are in my laptop's history which I am not trying to use.
    Every popup says:

The USB Device Cannot be connected
    There are no virtual USB host controller ports available

This is cycling through every printer in the list (there are about 40!). I once went through and removed all devices from the list, but when I logged in the next day they were all there again.

How can I stop this? I only use Parallels for Steam (and playing Windows games through my Macbook) but this makes things pretty unplayable.

Any advice appreciated!
    Thanks

2. Hello,
    could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced please and post the report's ID here.
    We will investigate this issue with the Parallels Engineering Team.
    Looking forward to your reply.

3. SimonB17

SimonB17 Junior Member

Hello. I have just done this - ID is 356790660. Thanks!

4. Hi, could you update to the latest build 16.1.1 and check the issue please?

5. SimonB17

SimonB17 Junior Member

Hi Maria,

I have updated, but this is still happening. New tech report ID - 357130755

6. How may printers did you connect to your VM?
    Could you please remove from your mac (System Prefernces -> Printers & Scanners) not using printers (if any) and check the issue.

7. SimonB17

SimonB17 Junior Member

Hi Maria. 90 Printers show in the settings, I haven't connected any printers to the VM but I recognise a lot of these as ones I have used over the past 3-4 years with my macbook. Is there a way of disconnecting permanently? As per my initial post - I once spent a long time removing all 90 but they re-added themselves without any promoting.

8. SimonB17

SimonB17 Junior Member

Sorry, also - in the list on my mac, there are only 2.

9. So you do not see 90 printers anymore?
    Did you remove it, could you clarify it please?

10. SimonB17

SimonB17 Junior Member

Hello.
    On my mac, there are only 2 printers in the list. On Parallels there are 90. I have previously tried removing all of these but they all came back into the list.

11. May I ask you for a tech report?
    Please collect the tech data once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.

12. SimonB17

SimonB17 Junior Member

Hello.
    You want me to remove all 90 devices and wait for them to be re-enabled? Have the other tech reports not been useful so far?
    Thanks.

13. SimonB17

SimonB17 Junior Member

Hi @Maria@Parallels

I removed all printers from the list and then when the popups appeared again recorded the technical data. Report ID - 357931111
    When will someone be able to look at this for me and give me any help with preventing this from happening?

14. AndrewL29

AndrewL29 Bit poster

Following. I have the same issue with Parallels 16 for Mac M1 Preview; the popups never stop.
    upload_2021-1-2_14-34-25.png

SimonB17 likes this.
  15. SimonB17

SimonB17 Junior Member

16. SimonB17

SimonB17 Junior Member

17. Please sorry for the delay in response.
    Could you provide us with the screenshot of printer setting in your VM and on the Mac side?

18. SimonB17

SimonB17 Junior Member

Hi @Maria@Parallels - is there any update or any further actions I can do for the support team? It is a very frustrating issue.

19. Actually we need to check your printers setting on the Mac and Windows VM sides.
    Could you provide us with the screenshots of these settings please?

20. SimonB17

SimonB17 Junior Member

Hi @Maria@Parallels - i've taken screenshots of both menus. Can you let me know what you'd like to see in more detail?
    As you can see there are two in my macbook settings and you can start to see the long list of others in the parallels window. Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 08.03.19.png Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 08.04.42.png