Kinect 2 and Parallels Desktop 15

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by YSG, Sep 5, 2019.

1. YSG

YSG Member

I've send you the tech data : ticket report n° 349212331

2. YSG

YSG Member

Hello,
    I come back to you for the umpteenth time. For more than a year and many tickets report for tech data, I haven't had any answer from you. PD15 and PD16 (i've updated) support DirectX 11. Yet my Kinect2 does not work, when it should ("Verify Kinect Depth and Color Streams" is on red cross from app "Kinect v2 Configuration Verifier").
    Are you looking for a solution to my problem because I bought PD to use software (ADiBAS) that works with the Kinect? Could you provide me with an answer. Thank you for your time.

3. EmilyB5

EmilyB5 Bit poster

Hello, I have the same setup on MBP, and I would like to use a Kinect v2. It is recognized as connected, but not turning on. Please help us resolve this issue.

4. Jake7

Jake7 Bit poster

Same problem. New user for PD16 solely for the DirectX11 support to use with Kinect. Disappointed it does't work. Please fix.

5. YSG

YSG Member

Same problem, recognized but not turning on. I bought PD15 and 16 because they promised to run DirectX 11. But the Kinect2 doesn't work and I absolutely need it for my work in my Mac world.
    Help please.

6. IvanN7

IvanN7 Bit poster

My colleague has the same problem -- No depth frames received from Kinect -- and WDF KinectSensor Interface status is "
    This device cannot start. (Code 10) Current device power state cannot support this requests". He uses PD 16. Please help and resolve the issue.

7. YSG

YSG Member

For 2 years I have had the same problem. I don't get any feedback from the PD even though I have provided them with several report tickets. I'm a little overwhelmed by their lack of consideration and communication.
    No news to report?

8. petergram

petergram Bit poster

Hello !
    I'm having the exact same issue. I just bought the license for PD15 and the virtual machine recognizes the Kinect is connected but won't show the input.
    I believe there is something that is causing the Kinect to still be "asleep", somehow not recognizing it should turn on by being connected to the Mac because on my Kinect the xbox logo is not on and a couple of months ago was working fine on a PC.
    I need support on this please.
    Thank you