Parallels Desktop 15 & Windows 10 Pro - Unusable (crashing & extremely slow)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DavidA4, Dec 18, 2020.

1. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

Lately, I find I can't use Parallels + Windows 10 at all. Basically Windows 10 is highly unstable. Oh, well, with Apple Silicon I suppose it's game over for Parallels anyway.

2. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

I don't see a reasonable way to contact Parallels regarding this severe crashing issue that I have. Is there a number I can call? I need to talk to a real human - not a <bleeping> bot.

3. Hello, are you using Parallels Desktop 15 with MacBook M1?
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.

4. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

5. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

I was able to use a pvm backup of my Windows 10 machine and this fixed the severe instability that not only crashed the vm but took down macOS (several times). Sometimes it's just better to revert to a backup and move on.

6. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

Sounds like there's a beta version of Parallels Desktop that runs on the MacBook M1.

7. petergram

petergram Bit poster

I was able to use a pvm backup of my Windows 10 machine and this fixed the severe instability that not only crashed the vm but took down macOS (several times). Sometimes it's just better to revert to a backup and move on.

8. DamienL

DamienL Bit poster

I NEED HELP BAD!! Ok so here's my issue. #1 I am brand new to Mac and bought an M1 MacBook Pro in hopes I could run a vm of some type to run the few windows apps I need for work. I am having one heck of a time even understanding how parallels works, how to install it, run it, and get it to work on my M1 MacBook Pro. I bought the regular version because of the free upgrades when M1 DOES finally get supported: but I couldn't wait any longer so I tried to download the "beta" version of parallels and the same "beta" for windows. it has been a nightmare trying to figure out how to use it. I got it installed but it doesn't seem to do anything. I watch these you tube guys running it no problem with games, etc. What am I doing wrong? Who can walk me through these tedious, and highly confusing process of this VM ENVIRONMENT. I have also tried crossover to runt he program I need and that is highly confusing as well. PLEASE GUYS HELP ME! MY CAREER DEPENDS ON IT!
    Thank you,
    DAMIEN

9. petergram

petergram Bit poster

10. petergram

petergram Bit poster