Will Quickbooks multi user mode work in ...

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by sgarbs, Nov 30, 2006.

1. sgarbs

sgarbs Bit poster

I have a client that is willing to buy 2 new intel macs just so they can have 2 or 3 users doing multi user mode in quickbooks , on their macs using parallels and windows xp pro sp2.
    Ive read some items that there maybe a problem with the virtual network environment in parallels versus bootcamp , and that QB multi user mode might not work in Parallels ?

Does anyone have any experience with this assuming its QB 2007 ?

Would it make any further difference if the QB file itself was on a MAC OSX SERVER ?

2. QBT

QBT Bit poster

Hi Mate,
    I understand that you want to setup QuickBooks multi-user mode. As far as virtualization is considered for using QuickBooks, I want to inform you that not all software functions will be readily available to use effectively. Moreover, Intuit has discontinued providing support for the 2007 version and it has become obsolete. You will find many features missing and most of the online services will not work properly, therefore, I suggest you upgrade your QuickBooks software.

3. Pyrrho

Pyrrho Bit poster

QB 2007, Windows XP SP2 and OSX Server are all discontinued products. Tell your client they have to upgrade or you can't continue supporting them. That being said, I've multiple clients using QB Desktop for Enterprise 2018 and 2019 with no issues in multi-user -- but these people are using current-versions of both the application and host OS (Windows 10 Pro, in their cases). One thing I ensure is that VMs are always using unique IPs to the VM and not sharing the host IP address (VM config > Hardware > Network > Source: Default Adapter).