Parallels, M1, Dragon

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JonA6, Jan 2, 2021.

1. JonA6

JonA6 Bit poster

Hi,
    I used Parallels a few years ago on an iMac for work tasks. I now need to set up again for a similar reason, but will be replacing my Macbook which is around 10 years old. (no iMac this time)
    My question:
    Will I be able to run Parallels on a Macbook Pro or Air with M1; and be able to run Dragon Speech recognition software through Windows 10 successfully? Any help would be appreciated.

Jon

2. Hello,
    please check this Parallels blog article for more information about the Parallels Desktop and Mac with M1
    and let us know if you have any additional questions.

3. BrandonM5

BrandonM5 Bit poster

I'm getting a "Failed to Launch 64 Bit Serve" error when trying to run Dragon Legal Individual under Parrallels M1 Technical Preview.

4. AaronH6

AaronH6 Bit poster

ok thanks.

5. Hello, could you collect the tech report once the issue reoccurs and reply us back with the report's ID please?

6. David81

David81 Bit poster

Just wondering if you manage to get dragon working?
    Thank you
    David

7. tblack

tblack Member

Hi all
    Just letting you know that I have got Dragon Professional Individual working fine on my M1 Max MacBook Pro, Monterey 12.01, Parallels 17.1.1 and the Windows 11 'Pro insider preview' developer build 22526.1000.
    A few points:
    - Be sure not to try to download DPI into any folder shared with the Mac - the download will just stall.
    - As with the previous sound setup under Windows 10, just let the Mac sound settings default through to the PC. So, set up your preferred microphone and output in the Mac, not the PC. Then, in the Parallels 'sound and camera' configuration window, make sure you have the microphone and output set to 'default' in the drop down menu. This will just let the Mac sound settings default to the PC. Don't select any of the particular microphones you may have available.

One other quirk with this setup if you are also using Knowbrainer 2020 with Dragon. Knowbrainer won't start Dragon by itself. You get a dialogue that says "KnowBrainer needs to restart Dragon and/or some redundant Dragon processes to resynchronise". Clicking on OK just repeats the process. So I just open Dragon first and then KnowBrainer, and it's all fine.

8. asims1

asims1 Bit poster

Dear Friends,

Could you assist please:

I am using Dragon Professional 16 through Parallels, dictating into Dragon Pad and Word for Windows and I am coming across the following problem:

When you give the command e.g. "select [any words]" ....those words are given a number with a green tab. You then choose which ever number you wish to edit by saying e.g. "Choose/Select/Correct 6". However, this is not working and the tab appears as white (as opposed to Green) and without a number. Therefore I cannot make the selection or edit. I have attached a file which shows this. Can you please assist?

I have been onto Dragon Support and unfortunately, they do not support the software through Parallels and asked me to raise this query here.

Thank you.

Asim

Attached Files:

9. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello!
    In order to proceed with further investigation, kindly provide us with the below information:
    1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply.
    Thank you!

10. asims1

asims1 Bit poster

the report's 9-digit ID is:

11. asims1

asims1 Bit poster

the report's 9-digit ID is:

also the issue may be related to running Dragon in Coherence view possibly?