Help with windows xp on version 2.4 build 31.24

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by comptr, Nov 9, 2007.

1. comptr

comptr Bit poster

I am using a older version of parallels which is 31.24 and it says that it is up to date. Here is the problem when I surf in IE and look at websites it looks like the page is getting cut and looks like when there is a rip in the middle of the webpage. I have tried reinstalling an d getting rid of the old image and it does the same problem in vista also what do I do?? thanks in advance. Sorry if you see another thread that was started by me I did not title it correctly so I am creating a new thread. My setup is a macbook pro 2.33 core 2 duo with 2 gigs of ram and a 160 gig hard drive running 10.5 and windows xp in parallells.

2. David5000

David5000 Pro

Someone more knowledgeable will undoubtedly have more to say, but in the meantime, here what I think is a starting point:

Even though your version of Parallels says it is up to date, it isn't. You should upgrade to 2.5 (build 3214), which is the latest build of 2.5. It seems to be more stable than 3.0 and has a much better chance of working well with the Leopard (Mac OS 10.5) you are running than 2.4 and perhaps even than 3.0--at least it seems to be working fine for some.

David

3. comptr

comptr Bit poster

tried the update did nothing. humm well I also tried allocating 1 gig of ram and 512 it did nothing.

4. David5000

David5000 Pro

When you say you tried the update, do you mean that you successfully downloaded it and installed it and it didn't change anything, or that you clicked on Help>Check for Updates and nothing happened?

Also, for most setups, 512 of RAM is the maximum to allocate to Windows. In this case, less is more, since you want to leave OS X with enough RAM to administer Parallels and the VM within it.

David

5. comptr

comptr Bit poster

yes I downloaded it and installed it

6. comptr

comptr Bit poster

bump bump bump

7. comptr

comptr Bit poster

bump bump bump

8. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

did you try to use other browsers?
    And could you please attach a screenshot of your IE window with the issue?

Best regards,
    Alicia.

9. comptr

comptr Bit poster

well I tried Firefox and it still does the same thing. I can't take a screen shot because it goes away before I can take a screen shot it only happens when I scroll up and down on any web page.

10. comptr

comptr Bit poster

bump bump bump

11. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

we're aware of this issue with a corrupted scrolling in browsers and we're trying to fix it. Please, try to reinstall Parallels Tools for now. Will it help?

Best regards,
    Alicia.