PLEASE HELP! Anyone got this error when running Parallels and Win XP

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by matt888, Nov 8, 2007.

1. matt888

matt888 Bit poster

Thread was moved from "General Discussions > Website and Forum Discussions".
    Stacey M

Hey ALL - I am getting this weird error message when Windows starts under Parallels:

[C] MAC Windows
    Timed out waiting for the file system to initialize. The Volume has been ejected. You can use the
    init_timeout mount option to wait longer.

what is this error message -I cant figure it out

thanks

Matt

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2007
  2. matt888

matt888 Bit poster

ok so where did it go --and who is Stacy M

3. Kickpoint

Kickpoint Bit poster

Yes I always get this when I start up using XP Pro and Leopard. The result is the Windows partition that is normally mounted on my deskptop in Leopard, is ejected after Parallels starts. It's not a big deal for me because my windows partition is NTFS. In fact I assumed this problem was because it is NTFS, but I could be woring about that. There doesn't seem to be any other remifications.

4. gegervision

gegervision Hunter

Not sure the cause for you all, by my XP Pro is NTFS and I do not get this error using Leopard and builds 5160 or 5540.

What Parallels build are you both using?

5. Kickpoint

Kickpoint Bit poster

I'm using 5160. This is all a fresh install of Leopard, the Boot Camp partition NTFS, Windows XP and Parallels 3.0 5260.

6. gegervision

gegervision Hunter

I would copy your XP Pro HDD to an external drive for a backup. If you can't do a backup then no big deal. I would then uninstall Parallels and then reinstall 5540 not 5160. There are known compatibility issues with 5160 and Leopard. Uninstalling Parallels should not delete your HDD.

5540 is available here: http://www.parallels.com/en/download/desktop/beta/

It's beta much more stable in my opinion with Leopard. It's worth a try.

You can also check out this post for any further assistance. http://forums.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=17664