Windows cannot connect to internet

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by 4everJang, Jan 25, 2020.

1. MichaelP18

MichaelP18 Bit poster

'Go to tools at the top'?? No idea what you mean here...

2. MichaelP18

MichaelP18 Bit poster

FINALLY got my Windows XP to connect again, by 'updating' Parallels Tools on the Windows XP itself. The Parallels Tools on the Mac stated they were 'up to date' but the Windows XP tools were not, so ran an update and got my internet connection back. Everything else mentioned on here didn't work, which was seriously beginning to annoy me...

3. OlegV2

OlegV2 Bit poster

I have the same problem with a connection. It has been working for 6 months, but after the last update, something went wrong. I have tried all ways described in this forum, but nothing can help me.

4. Hello, what is your Parallels Desktop version?
    Did you check the issue with Shared and Bridged modes?

5. OlegV2

OlegV2 Bit poster

Parallels Desktop version is 16.1.3 (49160)
    I have checked the issue about Bridged modes. :(

6. abcd4

abcd4 Bit poster

Maria i've tried Parallels Desktop 16.0 and 16.1 with macOS 11.1, 11.2 and beta 11.3.
    I've tried also Vmware Fusion (12.0 and 12.1).
    The result is that both (Parallels and Fusion) have problem on VMs with bridged Wifi on some mac (mine is a MBP 16" 2019).

I've reported at Apple, it seems that is needed that Parallels devs talk with Apple devs on vmnet macOS feature.
    https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/677034

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  7. abcd4

abcd4 Bit poster

Note:
    NAT mode is OK.
    NAT and Bridged mode with a usb-c gigabit ethernet interface is OK.

8. May I also ask you for a tech report?
    Please collect tech data once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.

9. I simply can't understand how something so fundamental to using a VM could be so badly broken. I used Parallels for many years without issue, went away for a while because I didn't need it any longer. Recently, had a need and decided to go back and have not been able to get this to work yet. Spent hours trying to get something so basic to work. If VirtualBox can figure this out, I would think Parallels could too. Bridged mode does work but then you can't access your VPN. In Shared mode, you can enter a google DNS 8.8.8.8 manually on the Windows side and get your external internet to work, but no internal networking. I have not found the magic sauce for getting both Internet and VPN working through the MacOS host. Glad I haven't paid for this yet.