Parallels crashes starting macOS VM after upgrading host to 11.2.2.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by destefan, Feb 25, 2021.

1. destefan

destefan Bit poster

I upgraded my Mac Pro to 11.2.2 today. Now when I try to start a macOS VM Parallels crashes. One crash report 362956979. I ended up sending a bunch of them. Please help.

2. Hello,
    we've forwarded your report to the Parallels Engineering team for the further investigation.
    Once we get any updates we will let you know.
    As a possible solution could you change your HV to Apple (at the VM configurations) and check the issue.
    Please let us know the results.

3. destefan

destefan Bit poster

Thank you. I really needed the VMs that were experiencing this so I had reverted them back to a Catalina snapshot which did boot. I did save the current state of the VMs prior to the revert. I built two new Big Sur VMs (it looks by default they used the Apple hypervisor) and migrated the data over. After reading the above post I reverted the original VMs back to 11.2.1 and they booted normally with the hypervisor set to "Parallels" and "Apple". I'm not sure what changed between what was saved in the snapshot and now.

4. HusonC

HusonC Bit poster

I have got the same issue , After upgrading iso to 11.2.2 . and the parallels 16 can not normally open . it only shows black screens in the window. I need help .

5. HusonC

HusonC Bit poster

It's all black . And I just found that , the locations is disappeared ??? How to fix this and There are many important files I was working on . How to get it back ?

Attached Files:

6. HusonC

HusonC Bit poster

Problem solved !

Simple , just go setting and reset the window is fine .

Attached Files:

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  7. destefan

destefan Bit poster

Unfortunately I'm still seeing Parallels crash with the Big Sur VM a couple times a day. The first one today is technical report 363796033. Thanks.

8. Hello, thanks a lot for the provided information, this is a known issue and it's currently under investigation with Parallels Engineering Team.
    As a possible workaround could you check the issue with the Apple HV please?

9. destefan

destefan Bit poster

Hi. Today I had my Big Sur VM crash while using it. Technical report 364435229. I confirmed that the latest three crashes I've experienced have been with the Apple hypervisor.

10. RandallH4

RandallH4 Bit poster

I, too, am having three or four crashes a day. macOS 11.2.3 on iMac Pro.
    This is the worst Parallels has ever been for me; losing all kinds of work with this. Any idea when this will be fixed?

11. Thanks a lot for the provided information. The issue is under investigation with the Parallels Engineering Team.
    Once we get any updates we will let you know.
    Thank you for cooperation with us.

12. Hello, we are sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the Parallels Software.
    And we would like to inform you that we're currently working on the issue resolution with Parallels Engineering Team.
    Once we get any update or possible workaround will be available we will let you know.
    Thank you for your patience.