Kali - Terminal window doesn't refresh its content

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by AlbertoM8, Feb 23, 2021.

1. AlbertoM8

AlbertoM8 Bit poster

Hi everyone.

I'm experiencing a weird issue but maybe i'm not the only one. Basically after some usage of the virtual machine (like 20 minutes), the terminal window starts to have refresh issues: if I type something with the keyboard in the terminal, nothing shows up. But as soon as I tap on another window, it instantly update the terminal window with the text I typed. Every time it stops refreshing, as soon as I focus another window, it refreshes. The only solution is to close the terminal window and open a new one. The new one will work for about 2 minutes, then it will start to have refresh issues.

I have parallels desktop 16.1.2, tools installed.
    Kali running on Kernel 5.10

Any clue?

2. CarlosH3

CarlosH3 Bit poster

Hi,
    Just to mention that I have the same issue and it is not easy to work with this problem.
    My Parallels version is 16.1.3 with tools installed, running Ubuntu 20.04 with kernel 5.8.0-44-generic.

Greetings

3. AlbertoM8

AlbertoM8 Bit poster

Hi!
    At the end I found a workaround: use GNOME for the desktop UI, it works fine.

4. CarlosH3

CarlosH3 Bit poster

I suppose there is something that gets corrupted in the system, as I'm working with Gnome and it also fails...

5. AlbertoM8

AlbertoM8 Bit poster

M
    Oh well, that's sad. I also tried to fresh install Kali, but it didn't fix the issue. Only changing the desktop environment to Gnome (during installation) fixed it..