Full screen z-level

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jonathan, May 18, 2006.

1. jonathan

jonathan Junior Member

Hi guys,

Do you think you could tune the z-level of the fullscreen window so that it doesn't obscure all other floating windows and popups?

When fullscreen I can't use dashboard - which does seem to activate as far as I can figure out, but behind the screen - and I miss notifications from various programs, such as iChat bubbles.

Cheers.

2. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

Do you mean your DashBoard or DockBar ? It seems to me that DashBoard should be available in fullscreen. Please, clearify your issue.

3. chrisp

chrisp Member

I also can't see the Dashboard (or the Dockbar either) when in full screen.

4. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

We will investigate this. Thanks for report.

5. mcg

mcg Hunter

I hate to sound contrarian but I do not want the Dock showing up when I am in full screen mode. When I'm in fullscreen mode I want to see nothing but my Windows machine! Please do not make that change unless it will be configurable. Dashboard would be cool I suppose but only if I don't have to take the Dock along with it.

I have to admit though I do think it is cool that the Apple volume and brightness indicators still work in fullscreen mode. So maybe if I had a chance to try things I'd feel differently.

6. jonathan

jonathan Junior Member

God no. The Dock would be a disaster in full screen, but being able to bring up the dashboard would be very convenient for getting to things like PCalc and the Address Book etc.

The other particular one is iChat. I was running fullscreen for a while the other day and switched out of it to discover that a friend had been trying to get hold of me via iChat but I'd never seen the bubble popup. I don't mind OS X popups intruding into my Windows experience if it means I don't miss important things. I can always dismiss them.

So, to clarify: I don't get the Tiger Dashboard or iChat popups appearing when in fullscreen mode. I have verified that the F12 Dashboard hotkey is being registered and the Dashboard is appearing, but it is behind the fullscreen Windows session and is thus inaccessible.

Not repeated this with RC as I also use VirtueDesktops and the reported problems with that would result in a major loss of functionality for me.