Re-install Windows 10 on possible corrupted virtual machine

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by NestorH, Mar 10, 2021.

1. NestorH

NestorH Member

I've run into a problem with my currently installed instance of Windows 10 and none of the automated recovery tools have helped. I have an ISO of the OS and can create a new instance in Parallels but what I would rather do is re-install the OS in the existing instance so that I don't have to re-install existing applications. I've scanned through some of the existing Forum responses but haven't found one that addresses this issue.
    Please advise.

2. Hello, could you clarify please, would you like to repair your current Windows OS?

3. NestorH

NestorH Member

Thanks for reaching out, but the issue is moot at this point. I simply restored a previously backed up copy from a clone I created a few months back. In the meantime I had tried various restore approaches. What I was attempting to do is restore the corrupted OS without affecting the installed apps and other data. After hours of frustration during which times I thanked the heavens I'm a Mac OS guy, I remembered the clone and 15 minutes later I was back in business. Of course, since the Windows version hadn't been updated in awhile I had to sit through the multiple updates and restarts but finally got everything to a steady state. Creating a new clone tonight!!!

4. Hey, please sorry for the delay in response and thank you for sharing your experience with us.
    If you have any additional questions please let us know.