Home & Student version is the license limited at one year ?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PatrickM13, Nov 27, 2020.

1. PatrickM13

PatrickM13 Bit poster

Hi,
    Is there a time limitation for the Home & Student version ?

I am interested to by an Home license, at first I understood Home version is an one time buy with no time limitation but without access to future update. When you select Home version on the first page there is no /yr indication, but later on the payement process it's specified this license is limited at one year!
    Where is the truth ?
    Thank you

2. Hello, at your shopping cart (after clicking on "Buy now") you can choose between 1-Time Purchase and 1-year subscription.
    Please provide us with a screenshot of your shopping cart if you have any questions.

3. MichaelS115

MichaelS115 Member

When I made a purchase, I went to the shopping cart, clicked the "buy" function and then chose between a one-time purchase and a one-year subscription. When I had difficulties in writing one study, the Edubirdie service helped me and advised me to choose the annual subscription that was most convenient and useful for me. This allowed me to have access to all future updates. That is, everything works as correctly as possible.

4. IanS9

IanS9 Junior Member

Hi,
    A Student Edition is an annual (standard) subscription, not a one-time license.
    Choose Save with Student Edition and then complete the form confirming your eligibility.

5. Hi, thank you for your feedback.
    If you have any additional questions please let us know.

6. AlanM17

AlanM17 Bit poster

My 14 day trial expired, and even though Parallels didn't quite work for what I needed I had made the decision I was going to do the one-time purchase for 79.99 - as it appeared to cost based on the comparison page. It seemed like the software is some help though it doesn't support SketchUp like I need. When I went to actually make the purchase you then show that for 79.99 you are only purchasing a one-year subscription, and the one-time purchase is now 99.99. I was barely willing to pay for the 79.99 for one-time purchase.

Very misleading bait/switch type of web layout, and further, I don't believe its accidental. I feel like the logic used by Parallels on the switch in pricing from 79.99 to 99.99 was that by the time someone is making the purchase they won't care about the extra 20, or they won't notice and instead purchase the subscription for 79.99 and you'll get to keep billing from year to year.

That kind of marketing really infuriates me, and I'm considering a complaint to my states AG. I recommend fixing the misleading marketing on your site so that its crystal clear all in one place what everything could cost in pre-sale. Very disappointing for a product that is so recommended.

7. JakeS14

JakeS14 Bit poster

It seems one year limit us not enough. But one my friend managed to learn this program perfectly and he upgraded it afterwords. Now, he manages to earn on it working with the program although he is still a student. I think in case you have a long-term project you can write email to support team and request for a longer term to use the program. There is also a review on edu birdie where researcher mentions different ways how to prolong your student version license. You can also send them a request to that research. I'm sure it must help.

8. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello @JakeS14, After the subscription expires, you can reapply for the student discount for the following year. Thanks, Parallels Team.