Parallels Toolbox Flags /Desktop files to hidden with MacOS 11.2

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by CarlF2, Feb 2, 2021.

1. CarlF2

CarlF2 Bit poster

Greetings! I updated my system to 11.2 last night and things were working great until this morning when woke up my system and had a permissions warning message on my screen. The dialogue box indicated that Parallels Toolbox wanted access to the Desktop. I should have thought twice about hitting "OK." In a flash all of the files on my desktop were "gone." I opened Terminal and inspected my /Desktop directory and the files were all still there, but their flags had all been set to 'hidden.' Using the Parallels Toolbox toggle button to view hidden files would allow the files in the directory to appear on the desktop, but they remained all hidden. I was able to chflag nohidden [all the files located in the Desktop directory] and they were restored. But for a moment I did think a corruption had occurred and I lost all of those files. Just beware that this could occur when you update to 11.2 and this is the way I addressed this particular issue.

2. AronE1

AronE1 Bit poster

I had / have this same issue. anyone have this issue?

3. ChrisM57

ChrisM57 Bit poster

I have this issue right now, but my flags will not switch back. I can ONLY view the desktop files by using CTRL+SHFT+period