WIFI in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by WernerS7, Feb 12, 2021.

1. WernerS7

WernerS7 Bit poster

i have installed both Parallels 16 and windows 10 for M1. Works properly so fare.
    But my MacBook Pro has no Ethernetadapter, means no Webacsess.
    is there any driver, to install WIFI on Win10 for M1?

2. GerhardM7

GerhardM7 Bit poster

To install Parallels 16 you surely must have had WIFI working with internet access on the M1 Mac !?? Then your VM with Windows 10 also can share the WIFI adapter and connect to the internet? Am I missing something?

3. WernerS7

WernerS7 Bit poster

I have no WIFI in my area , WLAN only. But I have an USB C Ethernet Adapter now from Anker. And parallels recognized this Adapter.
    But Win 10 doesn't connect to my Router.

4. ChrisW38

ChrisW38 Junior Member

Parallels defaults to running the virtual machine in a separate network, this works fine unless you wish to access all the network resources outside of the VM. I set the adapter to default, effectively giving the VM and network adapter and it picks up the DHCP server on my network and works just like another machine on the network. If the Mac is on WIFI or LAN it does not worry the windows VM.

5. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

6. JoelS9

JoelS9 Bit poster

How do you "bridge" the connection? I have experienced the following problems with my Windows 10 Insider running under Parallels 16 on my MacBook Pro M1:
    1. Win10 "sees" the network only very occasionally, although my Mac is fully connected.
    2. This happens both on WiFi and cabled (Ethernet) connection.
    3. The Network window in Settings of Win10 does not even show the WiFi symbol on the left panel (where you see all the other connection modes). On our "regular" PC running Win10, this panel also shows a WiFi symbol.
    4. I have tried all kinds of commands I picked up from internet articles, including ipconfig /renew, but nothin seems to help. Win10 connecting to the network seems totally random.
    5. During the VERY occasional occurrences of connection, I have managed to update my Win10 Insider to the latest build.
    Any advice is appreciated.

7. ParallelsU569

ParallelsU569 Bit poster

that is strange, my MacBook Air M1 has no issue with wifi under Parallels, everything just works. i have updated both Parallels and Windows insider Previews several times and never had any issues.

8. JoelS9

JoelS9 Bit poster

a) Which versions of Parallels and Windows Insider do you have? b) Can you send me a screenshots of b1) Windows Networks display and b2) Windows Network Adapter display? I want to compare these to what I see.

9. ParallelsU569

ParallelsU569 Bit poster

Here are the screen shots

Attached Files:

10. JoelS9

JoelS9 Bit poster

Thanks!

11. fsoelch

fsoelch Bit poster

Hi,
    did you find a solution for your issue?
    I didn't get any Network Connection in my Windows 10 at all on my MacBook Air M1 using the same Versions.
    Regards
    Florian

12. JoelS9

JoelS9 Bit poster

The problem with my Win10 connectivity was solved (thanks to Elric in Parallels Development): My Intego NetBarrier was preventing the connection. I uninstalled it and voila, Win10 connects to internet.