Parallels 16.5 ARM Windows - Mac printers do not work Driver unavailable

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Nosix, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Nosix

Nosix Member

Is anyone having problems using Mac printers from ARM windows after upgrading to Parallels 16.5?

2. HaraldSt

HaraldSt Member

Shared printers is also not working for me. BTW, I presume this does not require a shared network connection?
    I need to find Windows ARM64 for an older Brother and OfficeJet direct connection. Windows 10 downloaded something but then failed.

3. HaraldSt

HaraldSt Member

I scanned again, found the Brother and it worked! Weird.

4. Nosix

Nosix Member

Actually this appears to be a problem with ARM windows insider build 21359 which in which printers can't be installed. I rolled back to 21337 and printers are working again.

5. ZoltanM

ZoltanM Bit poster

Yes, the problem is with 31359 build : no printers are available, even embedded printers (print to pdf) are missing, there is a problem with the spooler service. Moving back to 21354 solved the problem (partially: still HP driver is not functional, but at least Microsoft drivers are working).

Nosix likes this.
  6. Nosix

Nosix Member

A @Zoltan that's the exact problem I am seeing, no Drivers including print to PDF

7. Nosix

Nosix Member

21354 also has issues with shared printing in that shared printers must be added manually and some drivers are missing I had to roll back to 21337 to get shared printers to work correctly.

8. KenF5

KenF5 Bit poster

Just updated to Windows 10 Pro Dev 21364.1 and printing is not working, Cannot connect my HP M12W laserjet or activate Windows print to PDF

Previous version which installed Monday had the same issue. Any suggestions?

Nosix likes this.
  9. Hello, are you able to print (not to PDF)?

10. KenF5

KenF5 Bit poster

Windows Print to PDF does not work
    Windows Print to WPS does not work
    No print functions work
    system logs shows prints.exe continuously crashing and restarting.

11. GanapathiB

GanapathiB Bit poster

I originally installed with Insider build 21286, now after updating to build 21390. Here it is possible. Check the settings on the Mac side, at Settings / Shares / Printer Shares. Set the check mark.
    (Possibly the translation is not good. make by deepl)