.NET framework 3.5 not downloading

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by beet99, Apr 15, 2021.

1. beet99

beet99 Bit poster

.net framework 3.5 is not working.
    windows application needing this framework to run cannot run properly.

2. beet99

beet99 Bit poster

the .net framework 3.5 not downloading.

3. beet99

beet99 Bit poster

Please help me with suggestions how to download the .net framework 3.5 in the win10 arm64 insider preview.
    One of my windows application cannot run because of the lack of this feature.

4. beet99

beet99 Bit poster

I having M1 Mac with win10 arm64 insider preview installed and running parallel desktop 16.5 in my laptop.

5. beet99

beet99 Bit poster

I am using
    Windows Build 21359.1
    But still the .net framework 3.5 do not download automatically and there is a error message code of 0x800F0950
    Any more suggestions that can work?

6. dibor

dibor Bit poster

7. KevinB26

KevinB26 Bit poster

Hi betterave,

I have the same problem.
    Have you got found a solution ?

8. BarbaraC3

BarbaraC3 Bit poster

Hello.
    I have the exact same problem. I have a brand new M1 Mac. I installed parallel desktop 16.5 yesterday. Parallel is working fine. However, I tried to install a critical piece of software and received the error message. After spending 2 wasted days trying to correct the problem, I have some information. The problem is that Parallels is working off of a windows developer build- 21354. Every time anyone tries to repair it with a iso image it will fail because you can not download an iso image of the developer build. Parallels needs to fix this. A great deal of people need to run .Net framework 3.5. I will not purchase this software if Parallels can not fix this issue.

JoeF9 and HaiM like this.
  9. BarbaraC3

BarbaraC3 Bit poster

I am using a different Windows build but I receive the same error code, 0x800F0950. I wish someone would find a solution for this problem.

10. JackA10

JackA10 Bit poster

Do you guys think Parallels will fix this issue?

11. JeromeL6

JeromeL6 Bit poster

Same problem here
    .NET Freamework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) can't be downloaded
    Error code / 0x800F0950

Parallels Desktop 16 for Mac ARM v.16.5.0 / Win 10 ARM build 21354.co_release.2104020-1630

BarbaraC3 likes this.
  12. ParallelsU626

ParallelsU626 Junior Member

Same issue here. It's likely to be a Windows 10 DEV build issue though as the ARM implementation of Windows 10 ARM64 is still not released for production.

13. BarbaraC3

BarbaraC3 Bit poster

I really hope they will fix the issue. I can't use Parallels if I can not get .Net framework 3.5 issue resolved. I have a trial version of Parallels. I would love to purchase Parallels. However, it is totally useless to me if I can't install my business software that requires .Net framework 3.5

14. ParallelsU626

ParallelsU626 Junior Member

As far as I'm aware, Parallels on M1 only supports Windows 10 ARM64, which is still in very early beta. I'd be very wary of running any critical applications on this environment. This is what's causing .Net 3.5 not to work, not Parallels.

15. JackA10

JackA10 Bit poster

I am also in need of this to work, I would be more than willing to purchase Parallels if either Microsoft or Parallels worked out the issue, other than than that, the virtual system seems to be working really well!

16. JeromeL6

JeromeL6 Bit poster

I created a ticket to Parallels Support ... Hope they'll have a solution in a very near future

Steam can't launch games (blank rectangle then stop running)

17. BarbaraC3

BarbaraC3 Bit poster

Thanks Jerome. I created a ticket as well. Parallels did reach out to me but the problem has not been resolved.

18. JeromeL6

JeromeL6 Bit poster

Cool I think They're on it.

19. JeromeL6

JeromeL6 Bit poster

Windows Update Available !
    Downloading Win 10 Insider Preview 21364.1 and Cumulative Updatez Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 ...

GauravS1 likes this.
  20. JeromeL6

JeromeL6 Bit poster

Seems to work now. No more error message on W10 with .Net Framework

But in Steam, the games just can't launch again ... i did a complete uninstall , reboot and re-install but no chance :-(

Anyone of you have this problem iun Steam ?