LG UltraFine Camera not working with M1 Macbook Air

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by ChristopherJ12, Apr 16, 2021.

1. ChristopherJ12

ChristopherJ12 Bit poster

I installed the latest version of Parallels and the Windows 10 ARM Insider Preview. Everything is working fine except that I cannot get the LG UltraFine camera to work within Windows 10 (specifically, within Microsoft Teams). I am able to make it appear as a choice in Teams, but when it is selected, the camera turns green for a second and then shuts off. When I do a test call the same.

My configuration is a MacBook Air 16 RAM connected via thunderbolt to a Caldigit TS3 Plus that is connected to the LG UltraFine via thunderbolt. All permissions have been granted and still, no luck. The audio and microphone work fine.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Nosix likes this.
  2. triplespeed

triplespeed Bit poster

Similar issue here with Mac mini M1 and LG UltraFine 5K display (with camera and speakers) connected via ThunderBolt: unable to connect "Virtual Video Camera" to "Windows 10 Arm" now. I do not even have a camera entry in the Windows Device Manager.

I can get the camera to appear in Windows Device Manager by selecting LG UltraFine Display Camera from the USB menu in Parallels. The camera briefly appears to come on, but the screen is blank in the Windows Camera App (no video displayed).

3. Hi guys, please collect the tech report for the further issue investigation and reply us back with the report's ID number.
    Looking forward to your reply.

4. triplespeed

triplespeed Bit poster

Technical Report ID 367718188

5. ashmser

ashmser Bit poster

Same issue here. Built-in webcam does not work on LG UltraFine 5k monitor on Windows 10 ARM. I hope Parallels team will release a fix.

6. Perseas.

Perseas. Bit poster

Same here. MacBook M1 16 RAM running Win 10 ARM connected via thunderbolt with a Caldigit TS3 Plus to an LG UltraFine 5K monitor. Every time I open the windows, the same irritating popup message about the virtual camera.

7. Perseas.

Perseas. Bit poster

Technical report ID: 370948057

8. ChristopherJ12

ChristopherJ12 Bit poster

So has this been fixed/addressed or should I continue not renewing my Parallels licenses?

9. triplespeed

triplespeed Bit poster

Received this reply from Parallels Support and it worked for me:

Hello! I've just received an update from developers. Kindly perform the same steps I offered previously but use the flags below:
    devices.uvc.yuyv_range=0-0
    devices.uvc.nv12_range=0-0
    devices.uvc.jpeg_range=0-10000

So, the instruction would look like:
    1. Shut down the virtual machine (Actions > Shut down).
    2. Open the virtual machine's configuration > Hardware > Sound & Camera > tick the option "Share Mac camera with Windows".
    3. Go to Hardware > Boot order > Advanced Settings > Boot flags > Paste the following flags:
    devices.uvc.yuyv_range=0-0
    devices.uvc.nv12_range=0-0
    devices.uvc.jpeg_range=0-10000
    4. Close the configuration window and start the virtual machine. make sure the camera isn't checked in Devices (top Mac menu) > USB list.
    5. Check if the issue remains. If it does, please collect a fresh report at the moment of reproduction and send us its ID, please.

10. CHRISTOPHED4

CHRISTOPHED4 Bit poster

Hi triplespeed. Thank you for this. Can you confirm if in step 2, you want the end state of the checkbox to be checked or unchecked? (you have "tick" the option, which I don't know if it means to click it/toggle it, or to set it to TRUE. Especially that you later in step for ask to make sure it is indeed NOT checked. Thank you