.NET framework 3.5 not downloading

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by beet99, Apr 15, 2021.

1. dibor

dibor Bit poster

Do not works with new preview version :(
    Got error while update - (KB5001030) - Error 0x80092004

2. GauravS1

GauravS1 Bit poster

Hi
    Can you share the link for downloading the Win 10 insider Preview 21364.1?

3. JackA10

JackA10 Bit poster

It has seemed to let my application open now, but does anyone know how to open COM ports from your Mac through to windows. I am trying to use some some software that needs a driver to be installed but once installed, it will not let the application talk to the USB device plugged into my Mac. Cheers guys!!

4. HaiM

HaiM Bit poster

I already switched to Dev channel but the 21364.1 update didn't show up. It said my window is up to date while mine still using the 21354 version

5. AngeloP1

AngeloP1 Bit poster

I'm getting the same problem here, Windows 10 build 21354. Anyone does have some solution?

HaiM likes this.
  6. Gr0

Gr0 Bit poster

Here's how I got this working:
    1. Update Win10 to current dev stream build - 21376.1 and also install the .net 3.5/4.8 cumulative update. Note, I didn't manage to update from earlier insider preview build due to update failure. Clean VM on 21354 build solved the updater issue.
    2. Control Panel > Programs > Windows Features > tick the .net 3.5 checkbox and it should download&install successfully.

Mikhail Ushakov and alev like this.
  7. SergioB7

SergioB7 Bit poster

Hi
    How didi you updated to build 21376.1??? Can you give me hand?

8. Gr0

Gr0 Bit poster

9. SergioB7

SergioB7 Bit poster

I did it,,,,but still not working net framework 3.5 ,,,,i marked it on control panel, etc etc etc,,,and when it tryes to download the components,,,gives error...any solution? I'm on a Mac M1

10. SergioB7

SergioB7 Bit poster

But that issue exists, on mac m1. I ve got that problem, tried many solutions, but isn t working.
    Even replaced instalattion of windows,,,,and instalation of parallels

11. RichardV19

RichardV19 Bit poster

Hello, hoping I can get some help here from those who have been successful.

Using an M1 Mac and downloaded Windows from Download Windows Insider Preview ARM64, let Parallels do the install and switch channel to Dev and Windows downloaded 10.0.21382.1000. However it keeps failing to install around 40% and giving an 0xc1900101 error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

12. SermetY

SermetY Bit poster

13. volibal23

volibal23 Bit poster

How you get the ISO ? I too stupid :D please help me :D I have the same problem, M1 Mac Parallels and .net Framework 3.5 I can not install it ._.

14. BrunoP5

BrunoP5 Bit poster

THANK YOU!!!! This worked for me too!!

LaurenG2 likes this.
  15. AlexandraP

AlexandraP Bit poster

Same as Justin B7 :-( Help !!

16. SermetY

SermetY Bit poster

Just download the correct version of the windows which I mentioned in my previous post and start it with Parallels as you did for before.

17. NicolaM1

NicolaM1 Bit poster

hi, please could you be more precise explaining the step to follow for those like me are used to do things like that?
    i understood that I should download from the site you posted. ok
    then? couldn't find a read.me text to show us what to do

thanks for helping

18. LaurenG2

LaurenG2 Bit poster

Keep in mind... do not update your Insider settings to Dev. If you do, it will download Windows 11 build 22000. I just tried it earlier today and that's what it started doing. I'll have to live with this version until I see Parallels get TPM 2.0 support so I know I can eventually upgrade to 11.

19. LaurenG2

LaurenG2 Bit poster

And it can't be said enough... do not download ISOs from non-official sites unless you want some kind of virus or the risk of such.

I'd love to get updates to newer Windows ARM builds but I can't get Windows 11 just yet. Maybe wait until an official 21H2 build from MS for ARM?

20. NicolaM1

NicolaM1 Bit poster

because what is the problem of downloading windows 11?
    there s something fixed or is even worst?