Problem with installing a software application on Windows

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by JohnH63, May 1, 2021.

1. JohnH63

JohnH63 Bit poster

Was prompted with the error message : "Could not access network location \Mac\Home\Documents\ " during the installation of a software application after i had my Windows virtual machine installed. How should i attempt to resolve this ? Appreciate some pointers here. Thanks.

2. serv

serv Forum Maven

The installer doesn't seem to understand UNC paths. Try disabling Documents folder sharing via VM configuration > Options > Sharing > Configure... > uncheck Documents. If that doesn't help you may need to disable shared folders completely by unchecking Share Mac user folders with Windows.

3. JohnH63

JohnH63 Bit poster

You understood the issue spot on. Much appreciation for your sharing and response. I did what you suggested and it worked perfectly. I unchecked share mac user folders with windows. Thank you !

4. BryceM2

BryceM2 Bit poster

This was exactly what I was looking for too, however I am a little slower and I couldn't find VM conf... it is located in the gear icon top right corner of the Virtual Machine window. I did just what JohnH63 said to do... worked like a champ!! Thanks