18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul + Extreme Trucker 2 not working on Parallels 16

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by pemoz, Mar 19, 2021.

1. pemoz

pemoz Member

Hi,
    I've recently updated my Parallels 15 to 16, and everything's working fine apart from two games, 18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul and 18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker 2. Their start-up lags very much, and their menus are both broken (see the two images below).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The thing is that these two games worked perfectly fine on Parallels 15. It's only on Parallels 16 that these games are no longer playable.
    How can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance,
    - pemoz

2. Hello, could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here please?

pemoz likes this.
  3. pemoz

pemoz Member

Thanks for the reply!
    I've reproduced the issue with Extreme Trucker 2 (I'm fairly sure it's the same thing that's causing the issue with Long Haul), the report id is: 365521152

4. Thanks a lot for the provided information.
    We have one question for you, did you play with the VM graphic settings?

pemoz likes this.
  5. pemoz

pemoz Member

Hello again!
    Thanks for the reply.
    I did not change any Parallels or VM settings since Parallels 15, where these games have worked flawlessly.
    Also, what exactly do you mean by "VM graphic settings"? I'm assuming you mean these?

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 13.26.20.png

All the best,
    - pemoz

6. pemoz

pemoz Member

I've now also tried updating Parallels to the new 16.5.0 (49183) version, unfortunately the issue still persists.

7. pemoz

pemoz Member

Do you have any other suggestions on what I could maybe try to fix this issue, or could you tell me whether this issue will be patched out in the next update?
    After all, it has been 6 weeks since my initial post.
    Thanks!

8. PJ1

PJ1 Bit poster

I run Parallels 16 on an M1 Apple chip, and discovered that Fallout76 will not run as well. I am sure other programs, especially games, are having compatibility problems with the chip via parallels. A fix for this would be great.

pemoz likes this.