Empyrion / Valheim graphics problems (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by icetear, May 3, 2021.

1. icetear

icetear Junior Member

Using 16.5 and the latest Win10 ARM build.
    - MS Office 2016 works flawless
    - Steam works
    - Skyrim works like a charm
    - Wizardry 8 works ;-)
    But when trying to play Valheim or Empyrion, the graphics have a problem. Depending on the distance to an object, it is blended in and out (not shown at all)
    although the collision detection still works. Reproducable in Valheim: just hit PLAY and see the camera moving towards the campfire with your character. The trees then flicker.
    I have a feeling that fixing this behaviour isn't a biggie... so perhaps some driver programmer might want to look into this.

Playing Windows Games with the new M1 chip and Parallels Desktop is wonderful!

Keep up the good work!
    Kind regards
    Mario

2. icetear

icetear Junior Member

Thanks for the suggestions. No compatibility setting helps.

3. Izzard

Izzard Bit poster

icetear, try the following. It fixes Valheim and other games so it might help with Wizardry 8 too. Please let us know:
    1. Shut down virtual machine
    2. Click on Control Center, go to the virtual machine settings and then click "Hardware > Boot Order > Advanced Settings > Boot flags"
    3. Paste the following text in the "Boot flags" field: video.untrimmed_dynamic_cbuffers=1
    4. Run the game

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  4. Izzard

Izzard Bit poster

Sorry - I mean it might help with Empyrion.

5. icetear

icetear Junior Member

Hello SiB,
    thank you very much for your suggestion. That did the trick!
    Both Empyrion and Valheim can now be played. Of course only on low settings - but for some grinding it's perfect! :)
    Still can't believe this is possible on my M1 MBA...

Kind regards
    Mario

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  6. For Valheim, the `video.untrimmed_dynamic_cbuffers=1` does indeed seem to help! Can anyone explain why? What does that flag do?

7. EvgenyT

EvgenyT Bit poster

Hello, I try to run Wizardry 8 on my MacBook M1 Max Parallels 18. Windows 11.
    I've got an error "Video devices does not support video resolution"

8. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

If you are facing an issue with Wizardry 8, for us to further investigate the technical issue, kindly provide us with the following information:
    1. Detailed explanation, with all steps by steps followed, to reproduce the issue.
    2. Screenshot of error message you are receiving (if any).
    3. Collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.
    Thanks