Solidworks

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by steelfox, Apr 19, 2021.

1. steelfox

steelfox Junior Member

Hello!!!
    Does anybody have working Solidworks standard 2021 (licensed) on M1? Could you share your experience and advices?

Attached Files:

• ddd.png
      ddd.png
      File size:
      675.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Hi, found this blog for you. Please check and let us know if it's not that case.

3. steelfox

steelfox Junior Member

Unfortunately, its still not working.

4. EmreO

EmreO Bit poster

I am trying to install Solidworks 2019 on my m1 MacBook with parallels but it does not work. Can anyone help?

5. Did you get any specific error message?

6. steelfox

steelfox Junior Member

No, just trying to open and then SOLIDWORKS window disappears.

7. steelfox

steelfox Junior Member

8. NickC7

NickC7 Bit poster

I have the same issues as @steelfox whereby launching bails after the "SOLIDWORKS License Agreement" message on the launch splash.

Any updates are welcome.

9. steelfox

steelfox Junior Member

I would be very happy if I could knew that Parallels are working to fix this problem. I'm still confused.

NickC7 likes this.
  10. nickw10

nickw10 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue as @steelfox and @NickC7. SolidWorks will not advance past the "SOLIDWORKS License Agreement" message on the launch splash.

NickC7 likes this.
  11. EmreO

EmreO Bit poster

@nickw10 Same problem.. I've installed Solidworks some times now but it still does not open. The other sw apps like solid works electrical are working

nickw10 and NickC7 like this.
  12. nickw10

nickw10 Bit poster

I contacted Parallels live chat, but they said they would need to "check with their internal team for an update" and get back to me

13. steelfox

steelfox Junior Member

Good news :)

14. LutherB

LutherB Member

Hi - I'm also interested in this topic - not just Solidworks, but also PTC Creo, and whether anyone has gotten them to successfully run on an M1 Mac. Looking at Solidworks' system requirements, it notes a 16GB system RAM requirement for Solidworks whereas SW Electrical only requires 8GB. Maybe the issue is currently that the M1 Macs are limited to too little RAM to run SW? Not sure with Creo, but it has the same issue (from what I have heard). Installs, but won't launch. Creo's system requirements specify a minimum of 4GB of system memory.

15. MatteoB5

MatteoB5 Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    i'm having the same problems whit solidworks. But i add that i can run visualize , a rendering program part of the solidworks suite. I know than it works slow, ma it works! Could you update us about the solution of the problem. Thank you.

16. steelfox

steelfox Junior Member

Still no solutions...

17. steelfox

steelfox Junior Member

I have a Mac, which I don't need, its useful for me. Parallels also :)

18. NickC7

NickC7 Bit poster

I am up and running with Solidworks 2021 SP3 on my MacBook Air M1 in Big Sur 11.4
    Things required:
    1. Parallel 16.5.0
    2. Windows 10 Insider 10.0.21390 Build 21390 for Arm64
    3. Parallel Toolbox installed on Windows
    4. `VC_redist.arm64.exe` for the from this MS link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ownloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0

The new build of Windows 10 is what fixed the issues for me.

19. LutherB

LutherB Member

How's the performance? Glad it's working.

20. steelfox

steelfox Junior Member

Im glad that its working. But now I can't open my old files :D