Adjusting the Sensitivity and Scroll Speed of the Mouse

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DaveR1, Feb 2, 2016.

1. DaveR1

DaveR1 Bit poster

I have found some partial answers to my problem but could do with some help, please.
    I am using DataEase 8.2 running under Parallels on my Mac and an creating Forms and want to place Fields and Objects onto the screen but am finding that both the scroll speed and pointer speed is just too fast when trying to work on just the screen area. The problem is 'How Slow is Slow'?
    I have changed the settings in System Preferences on my iMac to as slow as it can be set and removed the inertia settings but both scroll and pointer speed are still too fast.
    I have been onto the DataEase Forum but so far no help there.
    Since I am running DataEase under Parallels I am hoping that this is a problem that has already been dealt with. I found a thread specifically about Gaming but I cannot relocate the thread. As I recall it was a two-step process within Parallels involving the Virtual Machine Hardware Settings and setting it to optimise for Games (not what I am after) and leaving that window open go to Control Panel settings to change the pointer speed there.
    That is as far as I can remember. Can the scroll Speed also be reduced in a similar way?
    If someone can point me in the right direction it will be greatly appreciated as Development has suddenly become very slow.
    Dave

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Dave,
    Smooth scrolling makes working with applications more convenient and obvious, however, some applications cannot handle smooth scrolling properly. These applications cannot draw sufficiently small scroll deltas and it makes an impression if inertia. Please disable smooth scrolling if you face this behavior.
    The Parallels Tools installation enables the SmartMouse feature.
    You can configure or enable this feature in the Virtual Machine Configuration -> Hardware -> Mouse & Keyboard and check "Enable smooth scrolling" and check how it works. If the issue persists, please try the following troubleshoots:
    1. Shut down Windows virtual machine, open its configurations;
    2. Go to Hardware > Boot Order > and paste in Boot Flags box:
    devices.usb.mouse=0
    Thanks!

SimonS16 likes this.
  3. DaveR1

DaveR1 Bit poster

Hi Paul,
    Thank you for your prompt response.
    I am away from home this week but will try you solution when I get home on Friday.
    I must admit that I cannot remember how up to date my current version of Parallels is but my iMac is running El Capitain 10.11.3. and Windows 10.2.
    I need to get this checked out quickly.
    Kind regards.
    Dave

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Thank you Dave! Please check out this article to know Parallels Desktop and Mac OS X compatibility.

5. SimonS16

SimonS16 Bit poster

In 2021 it work for me with insane scrolling in MS Visio 2016.
    macOS Big Sur
    Windows 7
    Parallels 16