Windows reached end of service error

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by kundanno, May 14, 2021.

1. kundanno

kundanno Hunter

Anyone seen this?

upload_2021-5-14_16-2-42.png

Nosix likes this.
  2. SerMont

SerMont Member

I have the same

Nosix likes this.
  3. CarlH2

CarlH2 Junior Member

Didn't see this thread when I posted mine, I got the same.
    It means Windows detected a Hardware issue, but what is the issue? Hopefully the Parallels team can fix.

Nosix likes this.
  4. Piggy

Piggy Bit poster

Disable Sharing in the virtual machine (Options > Sharing, Share Mac and Share Windows), shutdown, start Windows back up and check for updates.

Once I did this I was able to complete installation of the updates, the end of service message disappeared, and more updates became available. I installed them, then Parallels automatically updated its driver.

I haven't tried re-enabling sharing yet, but all error messages are gone and all updates installed.

Nosix likes this.
  5. Nosix

Nosix Member

I saw the same End of Service message, but I was still able to download and install Build 21382 After 21382 was installed, the End of Sevice message no longer appeared.

6. KevinB21

KevinB21 Bit poster

A few builds back I had multiple failures to update and just kept trying. Eventually it worked.

7. ChristopherW23

ChristopherW23 Junior Member

There is a thread on this, disable sharing between windows and the Mac, the update will install, then re enable sharing. Message goes, and your on the latest build.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  8. Hello guys, this is a know issue and Parallels Engineering team are currently working on it.
    As a workaround please go to the settings of the VM. Options > Sharing > Share Mac.
    Disable:
    • Share Mac user folders with Windows
    • Share iCloud, Dropbox, and Google Drive
    • Map Mac volumes to Windows
    Install the update and enable these options again.

9. RobertB47

RobertB47 Member

I was able to install Dropbox in the MacOS using the Mac installer after doing that.

I was expecting that I would be able to install Dropbox in Windows, which I had been able to do on a non-M1 MacBook Air that I bought last year. But when I try to do that on the M1, by running the Dropbox installer for Windows, it says "Your device is not compatible with this version of the Dropbox app / Dropbox for S mode will run on your device. Do you want to install it from the Microsoft Store?"

But then when I do that I get a Dropbox Installer error message "The installer encountered error 2."

Has anyone successfully installed Dropbox for Windows in a MacBook Air M1?

10. Hi, could you collect the tech report once the issue reoccurs and post the report's ID here please?