Newest VMWare 1.1 is a clone of Parallels?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by WimDS, Nov 12, 2007.

1. WimDS

WimDS Hunter

2. akac

akac Hunter

Like what? Almost everything, but Unity, is what all VM's have and what VMWare's products have had on the desktop for years. DirectX support was in VMWare before Parallels existed. Unity is the only thing they did due to Parallels having Coherence.

3. WimDS

WimDS Hunter

Like shared Documents? etc...

4. jjfcpa@mindspring.com

jjfcpa@mindspring.com Member

AND... they didn't copy compatibility with Leopard because Parallels doesn't have it and THEY do!

5. kthacher

kthacher Junior Member

Yep, for me time is running out for Parallels since this Leopard issue is dragging on with no end in sight. What a mess.

6. Rongreg

Rongreg Bit poster

New user: Any reason to wait for Leopard-compatible Parallels?

I am a new iMac user (it has Leopard), can't complete my migration from a PC since I am concerned about installing Parallels (which I already purchased)... Should I cut my losses and move to VMWare Fusion or is there any hope of a fix for Parallels soon? Once there is a fix, how will Parallels 3.0 be superior to VMWare 1.1?

7. Mac Pro 5GB

Mac Pro 5GB Member

I wonder why my Leopard machine with Parallels on it works just fine? I have Time Machine and Spaces turned on and have absolutely no problems.