Parallels 16 OpenGL problems

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DavidA47, Jun 6, 2021.

1. DavidA47

DavidA47 Bit poster

Since v16, I've been seeing various problems with OpenGL graphics - incorrect colours, missing textures, and incorrect geometry. I've managed to find workarounds for some of it, in some cases by using immediate mode instead of vertex arrays, and things like that, but some things I can't find workarounds for, and I've had to tell my customers to live with it.

I've recently discovered the recommendation for setting the "video.gl3=0", and this seems to resolve the issues so far. It is annoying to have to tell all my customers to use this setting, and I don't know if this will preclude things from working correctly in the future. It also precludes them from using OpenGL 3.3 in other windows applications. (I can work around this in mine, so I can live with OpenGL 2.1.)

Is this setting the best long term solution? I would prefer to have Parallels fixed, but I've waited through a few updates now, and there's been some improvement, but still problems.

Is there some way for my application to select the video.gl3=0 setting, instead of having it manually set in Parallels' configuration?

2. Andreas26

Andreas26 Bit poster

I've got the same problems with Parallel 16.5 (newest version). OpenGL 3.0 problems. System couldn't create OpenGL context. So the program won't run. I reported this more then a week ago, but no responds from support.

How can i start a real simple program in video.gl3=0 settings in Windows 10 ARM using Parallel?

3. DaveW14

DaveW14 Bit poster

Configure....
    Hardware, Boot Order, advanced, Boot flag goes there. video.gl3=0