[in progress] OpenGL 3 Support (list of app titles and their status inside)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by Docent, Apr 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TechJankariO

TechJankariO Bit poster

OpenGL is an industry standard 3D graphics API. OpenGL 4.1 or later is required to run CityEngine 2019.1. For more information, refer to CityEngine 2019.1 system requirements. OpenGL drivers are usually installed together with the rest of the graphics driver and support software (such as DirectX). Tech Jankari

2. MartinE10

MartinE10 Bit poster

I would like to run GIANTS Editor by Parallels. It needs OpenGL 4.5.
    On Bootcamp it works fine, but Parallels still offers OpenGL 3.3...

3. SherinaT

SherinaT Bit poster

Hi I have downloaded latest Dialux EVO with latest parallels desktop but dialux evo doesnt open. I am using imac the latest one as well with Big Sur. Any ideas how to make it work?

4. Andreas26

Andreas26 Bit poster

Amulet Editor.

Why is there no OPENGL support on Parallels? Why did i pay 40 euro's for this program when there are a lot of Windows applications that i'm not able to run on my computer? Please fix this issue!

5. Andreas26

Andreas26 Bit poster

Hi Specimen,
    can you help us with the OpenGL errors?

Kind Regards,
    Andreas

6. antonn2

antonn2 Bit poster

Ntopology still has openGL issues and won't run.

7. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi, thanks for the feedback! Can you please specify the exact software name and version? If possible, please also include a link where I can download a trial.

8. antonn2

antonn2 Bit poster

9. LeoP1

LeoP1 Bit poster

Please add openGL support for

Sunlite Suite 3

Easy View 3D needs it. (in Sunlite -> Windows -> 3D)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2021
  10. ChristianN4

ChristianN4 Bit poster

Dialux evo 10
    thanks alot

DmitriG likes this.
  11. Dmitry@Parallels

Hi @ChristianN4, do you have any issues with running DIALux evo 10 via Parallels Desktop? I just checked on my MacBook Pro with Apple M1 chip and with Parallels Desktop 17.0.1, the software works fine in Windows 11 on ARM, I could open and successfully calculate a sample project.

12. DmitriG

DmitriG Bit poster

Hello, I also have problem with Dialux Evo 10 in Parallels on Intel based machine with windows 10. It crushes during program start. I tried to reinstall Dialux as well.

13. Dmitry@Parallels

Hi @DmitriG, got it! I checked DIALux evo 10 on Intel-based Windows 10, and indeed it crashed. Checking event viewer reveals that the crash is not related to OpenGL emulation, there's an exception in .Net runtime, so I suggest reporting it to DIALux Support (I think you can post at their forum as well: https://dxboard.dialux.com/viewforum.php?f=17):

Application: DIALux_x64.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
    at <Module>.Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CRenderManager.Render(Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CRenderManager*, Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CSceneManager*, Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CRenderTarget*, Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CViewportSettings*)
    at Dial.Dialux.Geometry.RedrawDispatcher.RedrawAction(Int32)

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[])
    at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(System.Object[])

14. DmitriG

DmitriG Bit poster

Thank you!

15. ChristianN4

ChristianN4 Bit poster

Hi Dmitry,
    Using Parallels 17.0.1 and Windows 10 home N on Macbook Pro 16" (2019, Radeon Pro 5300M 4GB, intel i7 6-core 2,6ghz, big Sur).
    After creating a new project, Dialux evo 10 crashes every time. For existing projects, it crashes when changing to 3d rendering/view.
    Dialux evo 9.2 working fine for me.

Ausnahmeinformationen: System.AccessViolationException
    bei <Module>.Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CRenderManager.Render(Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CRenderManager*, Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CSceneManager*, Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CRenderTarget*, Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CViewportSettings*)
    bei Dial.Dialux.Geometry.RedrawDispatcher.RedrawAction(Int32)

16. DanielB54

DanielB54 Bit poster

Data Design System - DDS-CAD 17

17. RaffaeleC2

RaffaeleC2 Bit poster

Pls
    add OpenGL support for Space Engine
    My Mac is an iMac 27 i7-10700K and MacOS 12.4

many tnks

18. Steve29

Steve29 Bit poster

19. DR_daniel

DR_daniel Bit poster

Hi Parallels Support, the supported OpenGL 3.3 Version of Parallels is pretty Old. The actually OpenGL Version is > 4.5. The latest Q&A Section is from https://kb.parallels.com/115487 is from 2020 !!!! Means since them is nothing happent with the supported OpenGL Version? The most of Applications are using a grater Version of 4.0. When we can expect an Update for Paralles?

20. erhas

erhas Bit poster