Parallels RAS Client ARM support

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server Feature Suggestions' started by AchimF3, Jun 16, 2021.

1. AchimF3

AchimF3 Bit poster

Hello,
    I suggest to revive client support for the ARM-architecture. Imho the ARM-Plattform is very suitable for cost and energy effective thin clients for VDI. The old 16.5 client is still working, but for security reasons an actual version would be nice!
    Best regards,
    Achim

VicJ and MichaelD52 like this.
  2. Alexey Kutuzov

Alexey Kutuzov Parallels Team

Hi Achim,
    Noted.

3. MichaelD52

MichaelD52 Bit poster

Yes, please continue development on the ARM-architecture! I can only see the use increasing. A Raspberry Pi makes a great little thin-client paired with a case like the Argon ONE case which moves all I/O to the rear.

I would also like to suggest getting in contact with the developers from ThinLinX. They offer a Raspberry Pi image which turns the Raspberry Pi into a manageable Thin-Client with several different clients for connecting to Citrix/RDP/vmware horizon/etc... It would be nice if we could get the ARM version of the Parallels client included in their image.

4. MichaelD52

MichaelD52 Bit poster

Sorry, here's the link to the ThinLinX site, forgot to include it. Also, here is a picture of the Argon ONE case for the Raspberry Pi.

https://thinlinx.com/

upload_2021-6-17_12-50-44.png