Final Cut Pro X does not work in virtual MacOS Sierra

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MelanieS, Dec 23, 2016.

1. MelanieS

MelanieS Bit poster

Created a virtual MacOS 10.12 Sierra. Running Final Cut Pro X in this virtual Mac has error: Graphics Configuration does not support hardware acceleration which is required to run Final Cut Pro X. The only option is to Quit. How do I fix this?

2. DaleC1

DaleC1 Bit poster

Did you ever get an answer? I'm having the same problem in 10.15, using visual 10.12. The store would not download the latest version of FCP, because it requires a later OS, and downloaded FCP 10.4, but like you experienced, the error window indicates the lack of Hardware acceleration and provides only the opportunity to Quit. I have 24 Gig of RAM and the latest i9 MacBook Pro. How do I turn on Hardware Acceleration?

3. Hi, please collect the tech report right after the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.
    Also the screenshot of the error message will be helpful.

4. ImranA

ImranA Bit poster

Fast forward 5 years and the problem still exists. I have a top of the line MacBook Pro custom order i9 with 32GB etc. with Mojave as the host OS and Big Sur as the guest OS to run Final Cut Pro but got the same: "This graphics configuration does not support hardware acceleration, which is required to run Final Cut Pro Trial."

5. Hello,
    could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here please?