Windows Defender blocks Program

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by HendrykL, Jun 21, 2021.

1. HendrykL

HendrykL Bit poster

Hi,
    I'm on the following system:
    M1 MacBook Pro 16GB
    With the newest version of parallels and windows 10.
    Now everything is running really nice but some programs (battleye for example) wont install or open. I'm presented with the message "Your organization used Windows Defender Application Control to block this app"
    Now I tried everything to get rid of Windows defender (regedit, controlpanel,group edit) but it keeps coming up. Did anyone come across something like this?

I would be grateful for any suggestions

TIA

2. HendrykL

HendrykL Bit poster

To add to this:
    Im running Windows 1 Pro with a legitimate license
    Build: 21354.co_release.210402-1630

3. CharlieS4

CharlieS4 Member

Windows Defender which has been renamed Microsoft Defender in newer builds of Windows 10 is part of the OS and is the built in anti malware & anti exploit program. You might be able to go in and add exceptions for software that is not working due to being blocked by Application control (unless that is a policy set by IT).

4. Hello guys, could you collect the tech report once the issue reoccurs and post the report's ID here please?

5. HendrykL

HendrykL Bit poster

I reproduced the error and sent a report (372450482)

The application and actually the whole directory is exempted from defender. I disabled defender anyways in the registry, but it seems to fight back.

6. HendrykL

HendrykL Bit poster

I dug a bit deeper, and it turns out there is no more windows defender in the newer Windows 10 releases; it's now Windows Security.
    Weirdly, I get the error message about Windows defender blocking that program rather than Windows Security, isn't it... I don't need Windows security, but there is no way to get rid of it.

7. HendrykL

HendrykL Bit poster

Ok guys I dug even deeper and have found something interesting:
    If you:

1. Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click the Restart button.
    2. Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click the Restart button.
    3. When your computer restarts you'll see a list of options. Press 7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.
    this will disable driver signature enforcement for the current boot. When you restart it goes back to the original state

That allows me to install Battleye, but as Battleye isn't compatible with "Windows test-signing mode" I still can't run it

8. CharlieS4

CharlieS4 Member

Application Control is separate from Microsoft Defender antimalware protection. Windows Security has the controls & GUI for Microsoft Defender (the built in antimalware program), the exploit protection settings, basic firewall settings, Application Control and a few other items. Unless you have a separate antimalware program it is recommended that you don't disable Microsoft Defender.

Microsoft has a documentation about Application Control
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...ation-control/select-types-of-rules-to-create
    You might be able to create an exception for Battleye (if I am looking at the right site I see a version 0.94 listed), you may need to create more than one exception (the file path and where it runs from).

9. RajL

RajL Bit poster

I am getting the same error has anyone found a fix yet?

10. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

BrettS14 likes this.
  11. BrettS14

BrettS14 Bit poster

Report id: 384865555
    I've succeeded to disable test signing and 7) in secure boot, but still get stopped by battleeye "Windows test signing mode not supported". I feel like I get a step closer and then pushed a step back. Especially when I can see the game load then get booted.
    Currently trying to get DayZ to run which is the only reason I use windows. Might be because Battleye does not support Virtual Machines for Anti-cheat purposes but this extent hurts the end user which is disappointing. If I can get this running I would be over the moon!

12. AleksejE

AleksejE Bit poster

The problem still could not be solved?

13. KodeminB

KodeminB Bit poster