This PC can't run Windows 11

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JohnD44, Jun 24, 2021.

1. JohnD44

JohnD44 Member

Using Microsoft's PC Health Check application in my Win10 VM, it reports "This PC can't run Windows 11". Does everyone get the same message now, and a future version of Parallels will allow Win11 to run, or does it have a problem with my virtualized hardware? I actually have the Win11 DP build, and it installed fine in Parallels 16 (latest build) - natively, with no modifications/hacking/trickery.

upload_2021-6-24_12-49-47.png

2. JohnD44

JohnD44 Member

3. GaryS22

GaryS22 Bit poster

I get the same error message when I try to run the app in the link suggested.

4. Hello guys, could you collect the tech report once the issue reoccurs and post the report's ID here please?

5. AndreaR3

AndreaR3 Bit poster

it requires TPM 2.0 that i think parallels can emulate via vTPM but require also DX12 drivers and gpu... as this can't be available in parallels is this the end?

6. James Rome

James Rome Hunter

Report ID 372495533

7. JulsS

JulsS Member

8. AndreaR3

AndreaR3 Bit poster

SamiT likes this.
  9. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

I got the email too, and running Health Check failed. So I did this:

(Note - the is ONLY for Intel-based Macs!!!)

Turn on TPM 2.0 per this KB article:
    https://kb.parallels.com/en/122702

Then for Secure boot, read this KB article:
    https://kb.parallels.com/en/124242

I re-did the MS Health Check (which I believe did have a problem, I got an email it was fixed quickly today) - it then passed. I checked Settings/Update & Security/Windows Insider Program, and it has me set up for the Beta Channel again! All fixed

JohnD44 likes this.
  10. JohnD44

JohnD44 Member

11. homtaka

homtaka Bit poster

I think the problem comes from Direct X 12.0 driver. dxdiag says the driver model of Direct X is WDDM 1.2. Since Win11 needs WDDM 2.0, we need to wait update of Parallels for Win11.

12. JohnT2

JohnT2 Bit poster

I'm getting "The processor isn't supported for Windows 11" from the Health Check.
    What processor settings are folks using that have passed the health check?

13. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

DirectX is fine, VM Windows is ready to go for beta build of Win 11!
    Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 6.52.13 AM.png

14. JohnD44

JohnD44 Member

I ran the tool on my Win11 VM and it says my CPU isn't supported? LOL - The Win11 ISO installed in a new VM just fine. CPU requirements are supposed to be at least 1GHz, at least 2 cores, 64-bit. I'm running an old dual Xeon X5690 (Westmere), which meets those requirements, and I gave the VM 4 cores (of the 12). *shrug*

upload_2021-6-26_8-45-27.png

15. AlexA2

AlexA2 Member

I'm on the 2020 iMac with T2 chip. When I go to Hardware +, there is no 'TPM chip' option available.

16. JohnD44

JohnD44 Member

What version of Parallels are you running? You need v15 or v16, Pro or Business editions to have the ability to add the vTPM chip. Click on settings for a Windows VM (that's shut down), click the + and add the vTPM.

AlexA2 likes this.
  17. JohnD44

JohnD44 Member

PS - You also need to have Windows installed in UEFI mode, not legacy BIOS mode. Launch System Information and check.

upload_2021-6-26_11-5-5.png

18. AlexA2

AlexA2 Member

I think I know what the problem is:
    I created this VM in the fall of 2015, so it's definitely 'Legacy'. I'm going to have to create a new VM.

19. JohnD44

JohnD44 Member

20. mcored

mcored Junior Member

This almost brought my hopes up. I checked for TPM in my Boot Camp installation, and tried to add it too but couldn't see it in the list. Mine is an iMac 27" 2020.