Games not running on M1 Mac

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by AmaanG, Apr 27, 2021.

1. AmaanG

AmaanG Bit poster

I've been trying this for weeks. Multiple games I try to run either via Steam or the Xbox app do not work on the M1.

Unfortunately, Steam support is not very responsive. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

2. HaraldSt

HaraldSt Member

I have run several games without trouble. What games are not working.

3. AmaanG

AmaanG Bit poster

I've tried to play Age of Empires 2 on both Steam and the Xbox app. The Xbox app shows an error just when I try to install it.

I've also tried other Steam games like Counter Strike. It just starts to load then seems to crash right after.

4. MG_

MG_ Bit poster

Any updates regarding this? I also have the same issue. I can't run Soulcalibur VI and Dragon Ball FighterZ on Steam.

5. Hello guys, could you provide us with a bit more details, please?
    Technical report will be very helpful, please collect it right after the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.

6. MG_

MG_ Bit poster

I can only provide you a screenshot. I already requested refunds from Steam a few days ago so I can't reproduce it any more and provide a technical report.

Attached Files:

7. MG_

MG_ Bit poster

Here's the new report ID: 372587720

8. EricV4

EricV4 Junior Member

I am having problems with a couple of specific games, namely "The Outer Worlds" and "Control". Control is a demanding game, so that's no surprise. But the Outer Worlds is not a very taxing game. I've already filed a half dozen reports or so on both games, but unfortunately do not have report IDs available. I will do my best to gather more reports and IDs.

9. EricV4

EricV4 Junior Member

Ah already experienced another crash. Latest report ID is 372618852 (for Outer Worlds.)

10. HemanthK2

HemanthK2 Bit poster

even i have the same problem i cannot install any games report id-372897390

11. MatthewS36

MatthewS36 Bit poster

Hi all,

I have installed Windows 10 Pro Evaluation Copy however, the XBOX app just loads... then closes straight away. Any ideas?

12. KevinT11

KevinT11 Bit poster

I managed to get Control to run.
    You need to go into Steam, and navigate to the local files. Then run the Control.exe app directly. It will prompt you to install 'necessary windows components' which is a specific .NET version and a VC++ redistributable. Once those were installed the game should load up (and runs quite well).
    You might find similar with other games that some of these components need installing, and when you launch from Steam it just quietly fails. Launching the exe file directly can help with that.